Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     -Resolved - Gridlines not showing in xlsx upon export

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
-Resolved - Gridlines not showing in xlsx upon export
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have a report in which I am going to have the output be in xlsx format which will be sent via reportcaster. When I testing the report, upon export to excel the gridlines (border) that I set within the report don't show. I am wanting to get the gridlines to appear in the exported file. Does anyone know what needs to occur to correct this or is this a bug with xlsx files?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wlwright1,

Windows 7
Excel, AHTML, HTML,PDF

Posts: 41 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: September 14, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
When you say "output be in xlsx format", do you mean "ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT [what?]" (where what = EXLS or EXL2K)

Are use using HTMLCSS?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If it's EXL07 you may not get borders.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
sorry I should have stated. This is what I have below my heading and footing.

ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET BYDISPLAY ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,

Windows 7
Excel, AHTML, HTML,PDF

Posts: 41 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: September 14, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
There is styling within the style sheet file that stops the grid lines showing in both EXL07 (a.k.a. XLSX) and EXL2K. It is the background colour specified for TYPE=DATA.

If you add this code then the grid lines will appear to be there -
type=data, border=light, border-color=silver, $

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately that does not work in v8.0.08 and below.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SEATS
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL	
BY BODYTYPE

ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, SQUEEZE=ON, FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9, BORDER=1, BORDER-COLOR=SILVER,
$
TYPE=DATA, BACKCOLOR=(WHITE SILVER), $

TYPE=DATA, BORDER=LIGHT, BORDER-COLOR=SILVER, $

ENDSTYLE

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX
END

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This gives me red border in EXL2K:
TABLE FILE CAR SUM SEATS BY COUNTRY BY CAR BY MODEL BY BODYTYPE
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
GRID=OFF,$
TYPE=REPORT, SQUEEZE=ON, FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9, BORDER=1, BORDER-COLOR=SILVER,$
TYPE=DATA, BACKCOLOR=(WHITE SILVER), $
TYPE=DATA, BORDER=LIGHT, BORDER-COLOR=RED, $
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END
-EXIT

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, I tried Frowner

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tony, I've been trying for years Wink

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
In our 8.1.0.3 upgrade, borders are still strange in EXL07/XLSX. They say it is because Microsoft XLS and XLSX files handle borders much differently. so we are living with it for now. By the way, I have been told those two Webfocus formats are now exact synonyms (at least in 8.1.03 and up).

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 (Someday 8)
Windows 7, All Outputs
In Focus since 1983.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Tony, Does "that" refer to my code? I'm in 8.0.07.
quote:

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been trying for years

I don't know what you mean Francis! Music

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does "that" refer to my code? I'm in 8.0.07.

I cannot say Doug, as I don't have immediate access to anything other than WF 8.1.04 at the moment.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Expert
posted Hide Post
Doug, borders work in EXL2K format - the only reliable Excel format in my not so humble opinion.

If you take a look at some document somewhere on the IBI website that describes the differences between the available WebFOCUS Excel formats (and the roadmap for future versions), I believe the situation to be quite messy. The newer versions of Excel formats may have new features, but some features in the older versions of Excel formats (e.g. border) are not available in the newer versions of Excel formats.

Francis

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your feedback. I spoke with my users and EXL2K format is going to be my format since I'm on 8.0.0.7. We will be migrated 8.1.0.4 in the next month or two so I will test the xlsx format at that time.

I believe while at Summit this year I attended a session with Kathy Kendell who mentioned something around the xlsx format having more functionality especially in 8.2x. Maybe this is on the roadmap for that release.

Windows 7
Excel, AHTML, HTML,PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
something around the xlsx format having more functionality

While the "more functionality" may be true, in 8.0.08, some of the EXL2K functionality it not available - basically there are two Excel formats with different functionality.

Francis

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for all the informative feedback

WebFOCUS 8.0