Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Log off MRE and Dashboard redirect to a custom page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Log off MRE and Dashboard redirect to a custom page
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hello,

How can I redirect users to a custom page when users click on the log off button on dashboard or MRE?

Thanks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
For Dashboard, look for "Customizing the Logoff Window" in the Managed Reporting Administrator's Manual.

You'll be playing with the bid-config.xml file in the Webfocus/worp/conf directory.

They may be a method for MRE as well in the same manual.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks Francis. I was able to change it for BID but still looking for a way in MRE. For BID I changed the following file

\ibi\WebFOCUS762\worp\conf\bid-config.xml

<response-redirect request-context="logoff-success">
<x-redirect url="http://google.com"/>
</response-redirect>

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Guru
posted Hide Post
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/10262008.html

works for version 53x but architecture was chnaged on 76x. Mrrepos.htm file was changed and there is no more mrexit.htm file under workbench. Still looking for a way to redirect when used clicks on logoff from MRE.

Expert
posted Hide Post
The information can be found by clicking on the Search the Technical Documentation Library at the top of this page:

These may help:

WebFOCUS Security and Administration

Managed Reporting Processing Details

Managed Reporting Configuration Files

EDIT: Yep, Susannah is correct, I can't find it either. Kind of amazed. Keep looking, though!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom Flynn,

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Sayed, i can't find it either.
I can show you how to change the text on the MRE logon page, how to change the images in both the MRE signon and signoff pages...just gave presentation on that at FUSE New England.
but i can't find the exit page either.
-s.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Sayed,

Have a look at the file \ibi\WebFOCUS76\ibi_html\workbnch\mr_ie.htm under the function show_logoff().

That may or may not be the area that you need to look at but it's a start! Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Well Done (as always)...

Also in that same folder is MRSIGNOFF.htm which is called at the end.

FYI...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Not that clever really as all it required was to hover over the logoff link (with the status bar visible) and seeing that a call would be made to javascript:show_logoff(). A quick search later and I was editing the file to place an alert to prove the file and location.

Easy really, when you think about what you need Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tom, we suspect that mrsignoff is an artifact.
we suspect this for 2 reasons
1) the exact text in the .htm page is
'thank you for using mre' doesn't appear on the logoff page, but more importantly, there is no such text in the language translation file .
2) when we change that text slightly, and hit the logoff button, nothing untoward happens. We would expect a crash. Therefore we suspect that this mrsignoff is not being executed anywhere.
We cannot find , in 76, the page that definitely *is* being executed. Further we suspect that whatever page is being executed, is bypassing the language translation file altogether, b/c changing the exact 'Thank you...' phrase in the xlation file seems to have no affect whatsoever on the logoff screen. And similarly, clicking the 'Return..' link similarly bypasses the xlation file and reverts to the standard text. We've opened a case to ask for help from CSS, and we'll post the results. We, too, as Sayed, would like to bypass that logoff page altogether.
-s.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Susannah,

The reason I added the comment was:

function showLogoff()
{
document.location.replace( CGIPath+CGIName+"?IBIMR_action=MR_SIGNOFF"+"&IBIMR_Random="+Math.random());
}

which IS different from my previous post.

Apologize for the confusion...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Expert
posted Hide Post
yep, but that's a function, not a page.
and i can't figure out where that is, Can you?
a .jsp i would guess. but i can't find it. and i'm getting exhausted tracing dead ends...
as, i suspect, Sayed is, as well.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Susannah,

The redirection would have to be decyphered from these JS vars -

CGIPath+CGIName+"?

Which, here, equates to /ibi_apps/WFServlet.

The partial URL being /ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_action=MR_SIGNOFF&IBIMR_Random=0.06444522045025103

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986

Expert
posted Hide Post
oui, je sais,
which is virtual, yes? moi je suis still clueless how to find that mr_signoff.jsp
maybe its a fex? could that be possible?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Would this help you 76ers? It's for 71 but may work:
TECHNIQUE - How to return back to the Managed Reporting login page?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I have a case opened with IBI (Case#33052538). Hopefully they will track it down.

Thank you ALL.