WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'INDIA'
Nail on the head as we say.
That = 0 lines;
MATCH will not help as you have nothing to MATCH against.
By having that WHERE clause you are effectively saying to WebFOCUS
DO NOT SELECT ANY DATA.
As GamP says this is not a question of NODATA it is actually really a No Data
Situation, which are 2 very different things.
I know that on the forum we regularly ask for a repro against standard
WF sample files (CAR in particular)
But in this case it is totally invalid because of the WHERE.
Very basically WebFOCUS works like this.
1. Generate the focexec.
2. Run the focexec.
3. Translate the focexec into the required language for the adapter,
(oracle sql, Mssql, MDX etc.)
4. Return the rows that meet any selection criteria passed to the adapter.
5. Process the returned rows in any DEFINE
6. Accumulate the rows based on the verb (PRINT, SUM)
7. Perform any COMPUTE’s on the accumulated answer set.
8. Deliver the output.
There is potentially a lot more going on but that’s the absolute basic.
For you with this example the WHERE clause means that the process fails at step 4 simply because no data rows are returned.