Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Schedule task on prompt page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Schedule task on prompt page
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone,

Thanks for all your patience and kindness to read my message. I am pretty new for Webfocus and i really need your helps. My company is using Webfocus 8 for some reports and I need to set up a schedule task in order to run those reports automatially.

There is one report that I need to input date and file name manually every month in order to run and retrieve the right data for reports.

source code :

DEFINE FILE EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER
ALLZERO/A1=
IF ( EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.MINUTES EQ 0)
AND ( EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.DOLLARS EQ 0)
AND ( EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.UNITS EQ 0)
AND ( EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.CURRENT_EARNINGS EQ 0)
THEN '0' ELSE '1';
END
-PROMPT 'MDH'
-*Other
-* Report Painter generated APP HOLD command
APP HOLD ehr
-*End Other
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER
SUM
EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.MINUTES
EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.HOURSX
EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.HOURS
EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.DOLLARS
EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.UNITS
EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.CURRENT_EARNINGS
BY EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.APPT_DEPT_SH_NM
BY EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPL_LAST_NM
WHERE ( EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.GTN_PPRD_END_DT EQ '>N_PPRD_END_DT' ) AND ( EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.REC_TYPE EQ 'EARNINGS' ) AND ( EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.ALLZERO EQ '1' );
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET BYDISPLAY ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS &XFOCNAME FORMAT XFOCUS INDEX 'EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.GTN_PPRD_END_DT' 'EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EVENTANDDESC' 'EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.DEPTANDDESC' 'EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.TITLEANDDESC' 'EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER.EMPLOYEE_ID'
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

thank you veyr much for your replies.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Let's first of all strip this GUI-developed code down to the essentials so it can actually be understood:

quote:
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE_PAYROLL_MASTER
SUM
MINUTES
HOURSX
HOURS
DOLLARS
UNITS
CURRENT_EARNINGS
BY APPT_DEPT_SH_NM
BY EMPL_LAST_NM
WHERE ( GTN_PPRD_END_DT EQ '>N_PPRD_END_DT' ) AND ( REC_TYPE EQ 'EARNINGS' ) AND ( ALLZERO EQ '1' );

ON TABLE HOLD AS &XFOCNAME FORMAT XFOCUS INDEX GTN_PPRD_END_DT EVENTANDDESC DEPTANDDESC TITLEANDDESC EMPLOYEE_ID
END

Having done that, I don't see anywhere in your code where there is a prompt for the date. What date are you interested in for starters? There are many system-generated dates you can call upon and use in date calculations.

For your &XFOCNAME parameter, can you provide some samples of what you want it to look like, and explain how it varies?

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
hello George,

Thanks for your reply.

We run this report twice every month. Therefore, every time we will need to put MM/DD/YYYY accordingly. Is that ok for me to shedule the run?

thank you.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
You can use &DATE parameter to get the system date and format it accordingly to use it in your report. Please let me know if you are looking for something else.

Thanks,
Pravin Singh

WebFOCUS 7703
Windows, All Outputs
pravinsinghwebfocus.blogspot.com

Posts: 51 | Location: WebFOCUS 7.7.03 | Registered: June 19, 2014Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I'm still not at all clear why you want to input the run date. You are asking for a scheduled task, which implies using ReportCaster. With ReportCaster you can schedule a report to run as many times as you like in the month, or hourly, daily, weekly - whatever.

You mention that you are new to WF and perhaps rather than diving straight in it would be useful for you to obtain some training.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post