Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] HTML Tabitem

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] HTML Tabitem
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have an html page I created in html painter that has two tabs. on the first tab when I execute the report there is a drilldown that updates a report on the second tab. is there a way to automatically open the second tab once the user clicks the drilldown report on the first tab.
Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

8.0.9, Windows
excel / pdf

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Why not opening the drilled report in a new window instead ?

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi MMcDonald

If you are in WebFOCUS 77 try the following:

Syntax: How to Select a Tab and Make It Active:

IbComposer_selectTab('tabControlID', tabNumberToSelect);
where:

tabControlID ~ Alphanumeric

Is the unique identifier of the tab control being made active.

tabNumberToSelect ~ Integer

Is the number of the tab to make active.

There are other API Functions that are available that will be helpful. Go to HELP ==> Index and search on "IbC"

Being that you are on WebFOCUS 764 then you will need to use:

document.getElementById('tabitem2').click();

Thanks Barry

WebFOCUS 8103, Windows, App Studio

Posts: 80 | Location: NYC | Registered: November 13, 2008Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
How are you updating your report on the second tab? Can you show us the drilldown code?

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi J

When you have a drill down you can specify the target as the report name or iframe name. You can also have a JavaScript drill down in the report and have it call a JavaScript function that executes a report in a frame. If this does not answer your question, please open a case with Tech Support and we will work with you.

Thanks Barry

WebFOCUS 8103, Windows, App Studio

Posts: 80 | Location: NYC | Registered: November 13, 2008Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks Barry, I meant to target my question at MMcDonald, but I think your answer to my question answers his question.

MMcDonald, I would do as Barry said. Use a javascript drilldown to execute the report in the page and in that same javascript function click on the tab so that it shows up. One drilldown javascript function, multiple executed actions. You can use the syntax that Barry provided earlier to accomplish this.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm curious as to why IbComposer_selectTab requires both a Tab ID and a number? What is this number? I can't make this API call work.

IbComposer_selectTab('tabControlID', tabNumberToSelect);

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I don't think it is a tab id but rather the id of the entire control. The number is the tab number (1,2,3...)

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs