Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Message length in the body of the email from Reportcaster

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Message length in the body of the email from Reportcaster
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi
I have a reportcaster job which is distributing the report the users from e-mail attachment.
And I am sending message within the body of the email. Message only allowing 256 characters of text.
But I want to add around 2000 characters of text as message, i tried to alter BOTSCHED table in Reportcaster Database, but that’s not reflecting.
Is there a workaround to increase message length?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Env Prod:WebFOCUS 7702 ,Windows xp on 64, SQL Server 2008, IRF Tool
Env 1 Local: DevStudio 7702 - MS Windows XP SP2 - Apache Tomcat 5.0.28
Output: HTML, Excel and PDF

Posts: 52 | Location: NJ,USA | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try with the following but it may not work with all kind of output for second report.

1- create a HTML report displaying your message
2- add above report as a first task in you schedule
3- create a second task in your schedule where it will be the report
4- uncheck : "Send report as an attachment"
5- add task1 from step -2- as "Select Report as inline message" for the distribution
6- you can then add or not the other task from step -3- as a zip file

Mine work with task1 as HTML as the inline message and task2 as a png graph (zipped or not)

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you MartinY
it works fine as I expected

Env Prod:WebFOCUS 7702 ,Windows xp on 64, SQL Server 2008, IRF Tool
Env 1 Local: DevStudio 7702 - MS Windows XP SP2 - Apache Tomcat 5.0.28
Output: HTML, Excel and PDF

Posts: 52 | Location: NJ,USA | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Glad to see that it helps.

Edit and change your first post to add [SOLVED] in the subject.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post