Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Using Rest Web Service from WebFOCUS. Is it a best practice?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Using Rest Web Service from WebFOCUS. Is it a best practice?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I see there is decent documentation for IBI Web Services. Particularly when used from non-IBI technologies such as java, .net, etc. However, I am not finding any documentation to use web Services from within WebFOCUS. That is, creating master files from the REST adapter, passing parameters, etc. I am wondering if it is a best practice to use Web Services from WebFOCUS. I for sure want to. For example, I have used DSTRUN in the past. Now I am trying to use ReportCaster Web Services, I am trying to pass parameters, etc. I am spending lot of time for the lack for proper documentation. If there is any document then, please let me know. Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8207.11
App Studio 8207

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This is the only doc I see in the library.

https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...webservices_8201.pdf

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BabakNYC:
This is the only doc I see in the library.

That is my point! This document does not have information about using web services from WebFOCUS. No document has such information as far my research goes.

WebFOCUS 8207.11
App Studio 8207

Expert
posted Hide Post
Technical Support --> Search Technical Content --> "Web Services" (use double quotes) --> Find latest version of documentation...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Flynn:
Technical Support --> Search Technical Content --> "Web Services" (use double quotes) --> Find latest version of documentation...

May be I am not explaining correctly. There is no document to use Web Service from fex using masters files generated for Web Services.

WebFOCUS 8207.11
App Studio 8207

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
There is no documentation for having the REST adapter call WebFOCUS RESTful Web Service.
Integration with WebFOCUS/ReportCaster via the REST adapter is not a product.

The REST adapter is used to integrate with RESTful Web Services.
WebFOCUS/ReportCaster is just one of the Web Services it integrates with.

So, given that, parameters are passed to WebFOCUS RESTful Web Services the same way the REST adapter integrates with any Web Service.
That is with WHERE/IF clauses.

The values that need to be passed our documented in the WebFOCUS Web Services RESTful Developers Guide.
It would be the same for .NET or Java Developers you need to determine the parameter values that need to be passed in VB, C#, or Java programs.

I have a number of examples which I have already posted in previous FocalPoint threads.

If you need a particular example, let me know and I'll be happy to post it.

Efrem

Posts: 229 | Location: New York | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post