Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How do i get a by to line up across instead of down

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How do i get a by to line up across instead of down
 Login/Join

posted
How do I get a field that is by or print to list across
so it would show GR WR
instead of
GR
WR

WebFOCUS Dev Studio 8105m

Posts: 24 | Registered: September 24, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Please post the code. And also update your signature so we know what version you are using

Thanks

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
BY COMPANY_ID
BY PRODUCT_NUMBER
BY PRODUCT_DESCRIPTION
BY PRODUCT_LINE
BY HOUSE

Web Focus 764 WIN XP

Gold member
posted Hide Post
is ACROSS what you are looking for?

PROD: WebFOCUS 7.1.0 on Linux/Tomcat 5.5.12 (standalone)/Informix on AIX
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Linux/Tomcat 5.5.16 (standalone)/Informix on AIX

Posts: 53 | Location: Montreal,Quebec,Canada | Registered: February 13, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If i use across I get this error
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 483 LINES= 483
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 725 LINES= 725
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 2 LINES= 1
(FOC3214) ACROSS SPECIFIED WITH NO VERB-OBJECTS

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Can you post your entire code or recreate it using the car file ?

I think the error you're getting is because you're not summing or printing any fields before the across ...

PROD: WebFOCUS 7.1.0 on Linux/Tomcat 5.5.12 (standalone)/Informix on AIX
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Linux/Tomcat 5.5.16 (standalone)/Informix on AIX

Posts: 53 | Location: Montreal,Quebec,Canada | Registered: February 13, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You need a SUM OR PRINT VERB

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do you have a SUM or PRINT. As requested please post code.

posted Hide Post
TABLE FILE INVENTORY_WHS_FACT
BY COMPANY_ID
BY PRODUCT_NUMBER
BY PRODUCT_DESCRIPTION
BY PRODUCT_LINE
BY HOUSE
HEADING
""
FOOTING
""
WHERE COMPANY_ID EQ &COMPANY_ID;
WHERE PRODUCT_CLASS LIKE '2%' OR 'F%';
WHERE INV GT 0;
WHERE PRODUCT_NUMBER NOT LIKE 'UT%' OR 'UE%';
WHERE PRODUCT_NUMBER EQ 'HRMC1098';
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON

posted Hide Post
I figured it out you have to have one sum or detail in order to have an across

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yup, You got it! While the code you posted will work (and is actually probably code that DevStudio produced automatically) it is not good practice to omit a verb (SUM, PRINT, COUNT, etc.). (The BY actually becomes the substitue verb - so it works.) You should also include at least one field whether or not it is NOPRINTed. Several issue like the one you ran into would not occur if you follow that guideline. Good job.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post