Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] (FOC1141) GUI_PARAMS ERROR...
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
[SOLVED] (FOC1141) GUI_PARAMS ERROR...
 Login/Join
 
Master
posted
I have taken a synonym file (.mas) with its .acx cohort and changed the name of a segment containing 3 fields.

I changed 1 of the field names, but not its format, changed one of the original fields and its format (from A36V to P9).

I did this by copying original mas and acx code from dev. and pasting into notepad.

Beforehand, I made copies of each dev. file with names like *_old.mas and *_old.acx.

I am new to this synonym and acx file stuff, and I can't find much documentation about GUI_PARAMS..

After I pasted my new .mas and .acx files into my dev. environment I ran a simple TABLE request against the synonym.

Error:

(FOC1141) NO DEFAULT KEYWORD FOR VALUE 804. NEW_CASH_FLOWS LN 21
--------------------vvv
GUI_PARAMS=0,100,804,148,852,278,160', KEYS=1, $

FOC1141) NO DEFAULT KEYWORD FOR VALUE 154. NEW_CASH_FLOWS LN 24
--------------------vvv
GUI_PARAMS=0,306,154,354,202,278,160', KEYS=1, $
(FOC1354) ACCESS FILE RECORD ABSENT, WRONG OR INCOMPLETE FOR SEGMENT :
ACCESS_GROUP

Can anyone provide any insight into what might be going on here? Roll Eyes

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tomsweb,


Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36
 
Posts: 538 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Tomsweb,

GUI_PARAMS is used for drawing the dialog boxes. Do you get an error if you remove it?

Fernando


Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03
 
Posts: 263 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
The GUI_PARAMS I am talking about is in the access file which accompanies a synonym master file.

For example:

Access file layout:

SEGNAME=CASH_FLOW, TABLENAME=TRS_SAM.CASH_FLOW, CONNECTION=SAM,
GUI_PARAMS='0,100,24,148,72,278,160', KEYS=2, $
SEGNAME=CASH_FLOW_VERSION, TABLENAME=TRS_SAM.CASH_FLOW_VERSION,
CONNECTION=SAM, KEYFLD=CASH_FLOW_ID, IXFLD=FK_CASH_FLOW_ID,
GUI_PARAMS='0,100,154,148,202,278,160', KEYS=2, $

Synonym file layout:

FILENAME=cash_flows, SUFFIX=SQLORA , $
SEGMENT=CASH_FLOW, SEGTYPE=S0, $
FIELDNAME=FK_ACCESS_GROUP_ID, ALIAS=FK_ACCESS_GROUP_ID, USAGE=P11, ACTUAL=P6, $
FIELDNAME=CASH_FLOW_ID, ALIAS=CASH_FLOW_ID, USAGE=P11, ACTUAL=P6, $
FIELDNAME=RDCF_NAME, ALIAS=NAME, USAGE=A30, ACTUAL=A30, $
FIELDNAME=FK_SYSTEM_TYPE_ID, ALIAS=FK_SYSTEM_TYPE_ID, USAGE=P11, ACTUAL=P6, $
FIELDNAME=UPDATE_SEQ_NR, ALIAS=UPDATE_SEQ_NR, USAGE=P16, ACTUAL=P8, $
SEGMENT=CASH_FLOW_VERSION, SEGTYPE=S0, PARENT=CASH_FLOW, CRJOINTYPE=INNER, $
FIELDNAME=FK_CASH_FLOW_ID, ALIAS=FK_CASH_FLOW_ID, USAGE=P11, ACTUAL=P6, $
FIELDNAME=VERSION_NR, ALIAS=VERSION_NR, USAGE=P6, ACTUAL=P3, $
FIELDNAME=CASH_FLOW_VERSION_ID, ALIAS=CASH_FLOW_VERSION_ID, USAGE=P11, ACTUAL=P6, $
FIELDNAME=DESCRIPTION, ALIAS=DESCRIPTION, USAGE=A255V, ACTUAL=A255V,
MISSING=ON, $
FIELDNAME=EFFECTIVE_DT, ALIAS=EFFECTIVE_DT, USAGE=HYYMDS, ACTUAL=HYYMDS, $
FIELDNAME=END_DT, ALIAS=END_DT, USAGE=HYYMDS, ACTUAL=HYYMDS,
MISSING=ON, $

and so on...


Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36
 
Posts: 538 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I believe if you change a synonym field name for a relational table, the ALIAS must still contain the real name of the DB column - or maybe I have it backwards: you can change the ALIAS name but the FIELDNAME must reflect the real column name. Secondly, you can't change A36V to P9 unless the Oracle column is in fact a packed decimal.


WebFOCUS 7.7.05
 
Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Just to confirm, it is the ALIAS that must match the actual column name.

T



In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.06 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
 
Posts: 5601 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony and Dan. Sometimes this forum provides better insight than the documentation,
because people are speaking from experience!

Amen. Big Grin


Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36
 
Posts: 538 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
FYI - back when IBI started accessing DB2, they used the ALIAS for the real field name and if the name was too long, it could be put in the access file. It then didn't disrupt the column headings and other things based on fieldname.

When I have to do a MFD(master file) by hand, I avoid using ALIAS, unless I have to.


WebFOCUS, FOCUS, DB2 WebQuery
 
Posts: 21 | Location: Greater Chicago area | Registered: May 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] (FOC1141) GUI_PARAMS ERROR...

Copyright © 1996-2018 Information Builders, leaders in enterprise business intelligence.