Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Is it possible to change the default year/month/date separator "/"?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Is it possible to change the default year/month/date separator "/"?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Webfocus will always display YYMD format dates as 'YYYY/MM/DD'. Is it possible to change the "/" separator to "-" system wise, like "YYYY-MM-DD', rather than to use functions?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

7.66 and 7.704
System: Windows / AIX / Linux
Output: Mostly HTML, with some PDF, Excel and Lotus(!)

Posts: 147 | Location: Toronto (GTA) | Registered: May 25, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This is done in the format of the field.

e.g.
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
PRINT
COMPUTE HireDate1/YYMD = HIRE_DATE ;
COMPUTE HireDate2/YY-M-D = HIRE_DATE ;
COMPUTE HireDate2/YY.M.D = HIRE_DATE ;
COMPUTE HireDate2/YY|M|D = HIRE_DATE ;
END

Thanks Keysheet

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Oh...

Are these from Keysheet?

7.66 and 7.704
System: Windows / AIX / Linux
Output: Mostly HTML, with some PDF, Excel and Lotus(!)

Posts: 147 | Location: Toronto (GTA) | Registered: May 25, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes, Its also in the documentations as well.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
And you will find almost everything you would ever want to know about dates and date manipulation in (Almost) 1001 Ways To Work With Dates in WebFOCUS.

Vivian

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

WebFOCUS Keysheet Rel. 8.0.2
(Almost) 1001 Ways to Work with Dates thru Rel. 8.0.2
Focus since 1982
WebFOCUS since the beginning
Vivian@aviter.com

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
You can change date format to any format as required by below code.

-SET &TODAY_DT= &YYMD;
-SET &TODAY_DT_NEW =EDIT(&TODAY_DT,'9999$$$$$$$$')|| '-' ||EDIT(&TODAY_DT,'$$$$99$$$$')|| '-' || EDIT(&TODAY_DT,'$$$$$$99') ;
-TYPE &TODAY_DT_NEW;  

WebFOCUS 7.6.1
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 50 | Location: Scun-thorpe,UK | Registered: November 14, 2012Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
These answers are all in computes and defines but the question was if it can be changed in the default settings.

I would think that should be possible as well as the default sequence in stead from YYMD to DMYY or MDYY

I am sure it is somewhere in de documentation but where....

Prairi!

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't care about the separators so much, but to my mind there is only one logical way to write a date and that is YYMD. It's the SI standard, and I cannot fathom why various countries have a problem with making it a universal standard. I grew up with DDMYY, and I can at least understand that, but the American MDDYY drives me nuts.

OK, time to get off my hobby horse now ...

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
The FORMAT style provided by Waz works for regular date fields:

TABLE FILE GGSALES
PRINT
DATE
DATE/D-M-YY
DATE/MBDBYY
DATE/YY.M.D
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END

gives

1997/04/01 01-04-1997 04 01 1997 1997.04.01
1996/12/01 01-12-1996 12 01 1996 1996.12.01
1997/03/01 01-03-1997 03 01 1997 1997.03.01
1996/11/01 01-11-1996 11 01 1996 1996.11.01

Cheers

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
George, I completely agree with you. Best-before dates are one example of completely indecipherable date formats. Glad to find someone else on the same hobby horse as mine!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I do agree on the YYMD standard too.

I will propose this to the politicians, maybe we can exchange some other things...
America goes Celsius and centimetre , kilometre , kilogram , and.... Maybe ...euro ?

We all already try to talk English or one of those dialects related to English.

And maybe our British ppl finally decide to drive at the right site of the road...

Hm...endless road.. What about SQL ..
Is that a standard query language?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

Except for driving on the right.

Left is better, how else will you have sword fights with other drivers ? Smiler

And you may have the Euro, but I think we need the Ozo.....

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
but I think we need the Ozo

I'd prefer the Ouzo Smiler

Sword fights? Yes, I'll give you that one (why else would ancient spiral staircases decend anti-clockwise?) but not lances!

Frank, we do drive on the "right" side of the road as opposed to the wrong one Wink

T

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
And what about those times you take a business trip through several countries and accumulate a bunch of receipts that you then have to submit in an organised manner to your company. It drives me nuts to figure out the dates - specially since I procrastinate for months in filling out the expense report ...

At least the banks in Canada have come to their senses and now force people to write the date on their cheques in SI format. (But then who uses cheques nowadays ...?)

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post