Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Case Opened] BIP+JSCHART - X Axis Title Truncates and Y Axis Title Disappears.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Case Opened] BIP+JSCHART - X Axis Title Truncates and Y Axis Title Disappears.
 Login/Join

Master
posted
When I render my BIP I see the X and Y axis title of my JSCHART AOK.

I click another BIP page, and then click back to the BIP page containing the JSCHART.

Now that I've clicked back I see...the X axis title display 'truncated' to ['First 5 Characters of Title' + '...'] and the Y axis title disappears all together.

Nothing else on the chart changes.

Not sure why clicking to one page, and then back, causes the appearance change.

I have verified that no server calls are made when I click back to the page with the JSCHART.

For some reason, it seems like the code [BIP/JSCHART] running in the browser, thinks it needs to deal [rudely] with the x/y titles.

Notes:
* The BIP page is set to 'fluid canvas'.
* The JSCHART calls IB's ENWarm.sty StyleSheet file.
* All during development in WFDS and rendering from WFDS, the titles never changed appearance/disappeared.
* Clicking the panel refresh option, restores the x and y titles, as the JSCHART is called from the server and then rendered.

Here is the JSON, for the titles:
*GRAPH_JS
 xaxis: {title: {visible: true, text: 'Statement Date'}}, 
 yaxis: {title: {visible: true, text: 'Amount'}}
*END  

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Briars,

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Master
posted Hide Post
Interesting...

I change the axis name from 'xaxis' to 'xaxisOrdinal'...
*GRAPH_JS
 xaxisOrdinal: {title: {visible: true, text: 'Statement Date'}},
 yaxis:        {title: {visible: true, text: 'Amount'}}
*END  

...and the xaxis title no longer 'truncates' when rendered within the BIP.

Still hoping for assistance with the yaxis title that disappears in the BIP.

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Master
posted Hide Post
I use IE Programming Tools, and look for the DOM element for the yaxis title, and see it AOK:
<g xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" transform="translate(55 61)">
	<text class="yaxis-title" cursor="default" style="font: bold 10pt/normal ARIAL; font-size-adjust: none; 
		font-stretch: normal;" fill="rgb(128, 128, 128)" text-anchor="middle" transform="translate(-41.5 352.5) rotate(-90)" x="0" y="0" dy="0.35em">Amount
	</text>
</g>  

I click another page, click back to my portal page, look at the DOM via Programmer Tools, and this SVG group element is gone.

Is there some way for me to put this element back into the DOM, or prevent its leaving?

Master
posted Hide Post
I *think* I've further isolated the issue.
GRAPH FILE GGSALES
SUM
BUDDOLLARS AS 'Subordinated Debt'
DOLLARS    AS 'Sub Debt Qualifying as Equity Capital'
BY  ST
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHDEFAULT OFF
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE ADVANCED
ON GRAPH SET GRMULTIGRAPH 0
ON GRAPH SET GRLEGEND 0
ON GRAPH SET GRXAXIS 1
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VLINE
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_JS
xaxisOrdinal: {title: {visible: true, text: 'Statement Date'}},
yaxis:        {title: {visible: true, text: 'Amount'}}
*END
*GRAPH_JS
htmlToolTip: {enabled: true, snap: false, sticky: false
             }
*END
ENDSTYLE
END  

When I EXecute this in WFDS 8105M, I see the yaxis title AOK.

When I resize the window/browser smaller, and then resize the window/browser bigger, the yaxis title is MIA.

Could someone assist with preserving the yaxis title, even after resizing?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Briars,

posted Hide Post
Hi David,

I have similar issue with BIP+JSCHART in 8202M.

Did you get any solution on this?

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NARSA,

WebFOCUS 7x & 8x

Posts: 13 | Location: Toronto, ON, CA. | Registered: June 27, 2013Report This Post