Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Report Run on First Saturday of the Month

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Report Run on First Saturday of the Month
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi

In table every day the data is loading and load time stamp is field is updating time in table based on this load time stamp i need to retrive the data .

I have requirements like this

this report should include a full month( previous month data on it) should run the second Friday of the month,

please can any one help me how to do

Thanks
Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Create a Report Caster schedule and select
Month and then select 2nd Friday

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Posts: 398 | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi
we are not using Report Caster

if Report runs on "First Saturday of the every Month" (Reports Running manually) Reports need to show the data previous month to before This date First Saturday of the every Month"

In table every day the data is loading and load time stamp is field is updating time in table based on this load time stamp

Note:based on this load time stamp field in table i need to pull the data.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deepu,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Do you need help with a filter in the report? E.g. select items with a time stamp from the beginning of the previous month through the second friday of the defined month?

Or, ALL of last month (as indicated by load time stamp) becomes available as of the second Friday of the subsequent month?

WF: WebFocus 7.7.03
Data: Oracle, MSSQL, DB2
Output: HTML/AHTML,PDF,EXL2K FORMULA, COMT

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This Dialogue Manager code will determine the beginning and ending dates of the previous month, based on today's date (&YYMD).

-SET &CUR_YR_MTH  = EDIT(&YYMD,'999999$$');
-SET &CUR_MTH_BEG = &CUR_YR_MTH | '01';
-SET &RPT_YR_MTH  = AYM(&CUR_YR_MTH,-1,'I6');
-SET &RPT_MTH_BEG = &RPT_YR_MTH | '01';
-SET &RPT_MTH_END = AYMD(&CUR_MTH_BEG,-1,'I8');

You can then use these beginning and ending date variables to filter your data (example below). I am making the assumption that your load time stamp has a date-time format. Function HDATE will extract the date portion. If this is not the case, then another approach may be necessary to extract the dates from your load time stamps.

DEFINE FILE xxx
 LOAD_DATE/YYMD = HDATE(load time stamp,'YYMD');
END
TABLE FILE xxx
SUM/PRINT xxx
BY xxx
WHERE (LOAD_DATE FROM '&RPT_MTH_BEG' TO '&RPT_MTH_END');
END

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are not using Report Caster, you need to write a batch program (Report.cmd) similar to below to call a t3i(Call_fex.t3i) file:

----------------Start batch------------------------

rem Report.cmd

set WFSHOME=C:\ibi\64bit\srv76\wfs\bin
set T3IDIR=E:\input\t3i
cd\
e:
cd %T3IDIR%
call %WFSHOME%\edastart -f %T3IDIR%\Call_fex

----------------End batch--------------------------

The code for Call_fex.t3i will look similar to below, This t3i will call the LOAD_DATA.fex:

----------------Start t3i--------------------------

-* Module name : Call_fex.t3i

%CONNECT
%BEGIN

EX LOAD_DATA

%END
%DISCONNECT
%STOP_SERVER

----------------End t3i----------------------------

The below fex will call the generate_report.fex only on first Saturday of every month and your logic to fetch data should be in the include fex (generate_report.fex)

----------------Start fex--------------------------

-* module name : LOAD_DATA.FEX

-SET &ECHO=ALL;

-SET &CURDATE=&YYMD;
-SET &CDAY=EDIT(&CURDATE,'$$$$$$99');
-RUN

DEFINE FILE CAR
CDATE/I8YYMD=&CURDATE;
CWDAY/A4 = DOWK(CDATE, CWDAY);
END

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CDATE CWDAY