Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Compute Field -Sum value based on corresponding distinct value

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Compute Field -Sum value based on corresponding distinct value
 Login/Join

posted
How do I create a Compute Field with the Compute Calculator that Sums a measurement on all records that have the same distinct degenerate dimension value?

Scenario: A Claim File can have many Claim Sub Parts associated to it, but a Claim Sub Part is only associated to one File. I need the Sum of Total Loss Paid for each Sub Part associated to the same File.

An example end result would be if a File has 2 Sub Parts associated to it, and each Sub Part has $5,000 in Total loss Paid,then the File Total Loss Paid field for the Sub Part is $10,000.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Application Edition
SQL Server

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Is this what you're asking for?

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RETAIL
COMPUTE SED_RETAIL/D12=IF TYPE EQ 'SEDAN' THEN RETAIL ELSE 0;
BY CAR 
END 

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am trying to create the Computed Field in App Studio Canvas. I do not want to add lines to the Text Editor. I want to be able to Insert a Compute Field and add the statement to the Compute Calculator within App Studio, and have the tool update the Master File Text on its own.

I also don't have an exact File Number to pass in the EQ statement. I just want the Sum of Total Paid Measurements for all of the records that have the same File Number

File ID Sub Part ID TTL Paid - SP TTL Paid - File
012345 012345010101 $5,000.00 $10,000.00
012345 012345020101 $5,000.00 $10,000.00

Application Edition
SQL Server

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Delana,
When we need to do something similar in InfoAssist, we often use a HOLD file to hold the totals by the Claim File Number and then join it back to itself if we need to show details.
Hope that helps.

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (production), 8.2.06 (testing)
AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 183 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 05, 2017Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The Hold File was exactly what I needed. Thank you.

Application Edition
SQL Server