Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] 5 digit zip code json/geojson

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] 5 digit zip code json/geojson
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

We are trying to use the geomap in Infoassist to plot the member counts by zipcode, By defauly IBI has uszip3 in our maps folder , can anyone guide me from where can i get a 5 digit zipcode json/geojson file. I was able to get the .shp files but when trying to convert to geojson the size is extremely high. Is there a direct link to get the zip code json for US and Canada.

Thanks,
Rajna

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Posts: 72 | Location: Flowood , MS | Registered: May 11, 2011Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Take a look at this case. It might help.
https://techsupport.informatio...track/160526073.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BabakNYC,

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi BabakNYC,

That link does not work for me, Can you recheck please.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

Modify the geo_services.xml file. In the uri block for "USA_ZIP5", change the URL to reference "USA_ZIP_Codes_2015" instead of 2014. 
Also change the parm_name from "ZIP" to "ZIP_CODE". 

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I don't have access to 8.1 anymore. The above is for 8.2. my geo_services.xml is in ..\srv82\home\catalog

Gold member
posted Hide Post
In 8.1 under this path E:\ibi\srv81\home\catalog there is no geo_services.xml file . We have not yet upgraded to 8.2 something planned for future.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Is there any site from where I can get atleast 1 state for US sample json file , or doesnt 8.1 support 5 digit itself?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I've no idea. You might reach out to IB tech support. They'll know exactly what you need to do in 8.1 to map zip5.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Well I did reach out to tech support, They suggested for 8.2 upgrade for the moment. But I saw posts as if we have correct json files we could get it to work. We have zip code in table to plot. Hence was checking the possibility.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML