Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Cleared sum value
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Does anyone know how to remove the value '.00' from reports where one does a sum by date? For example:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
PRICE
BY BUY_DATE
END

The thing is that my values include negatives so one date can have a cancelled out string of transactions so it would appear like so:

CAMARO
9/13/2006 30000.00
9/14/2006 .00
9/16/2006 2099.00

But I don't want to show values that have that cancelled out '.00'. I've tried doing a WHERE PRICE NE 0 but it doesn't remove them. Any thoughts?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes, use inline reformatting -

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
PRICE/D8
BY BUY_DATE
END

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
... or if I take the time to read your last sentance Red Face.

I take it that a negative summation would still be required to be shown?

You could try converting to an integer and then back again to rid yourself of the spurious decimal places -
DEFINE FILE GGSALES
 MYDOLLARS/D12.2 = (INT(DOLLARS * 100)/100);
END
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM MYDOLLARS
DOLLARS
BY PRODUCT
WHERE MYDOLLARS NE 0
END

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I would change the request to be :

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
PRICE
BY BUY_DATE
WHERE TOTAL PRICE NE 0;
END

The TOTAL is key here as FOCUS would be eliminate the by field total of price if the subtotal is zero.

Good LUck

ET

FOCUS 7.6 MVS PDF,HTML,EXCEL

Posts: 115 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 28, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This issue has been resolved and is similar to what Tony A suggested, in fact I'm pretty sure that solution will work. What I ended up doing was creating an integer of the same size and multiplying the old result by 100, the true zeros would stick out like sore thumbs:

DEFINE FILE CAR
VALUE/D12.2 = VALUE1 - VALUE2;
SVALUE/I14 = VALUE*100;
END

TABLE FILE CAR
VALUE1
VALUE2
VALUE
SVALUE
WHERE SVALUE EQ 0
END

That second to the last statement could be changed to 'NE 0' just to prove to thyself that the zeroes really are not going to be (or will be) picked up.

Thanks!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
(INT(DOLLARS * 100)/100)

Tony A's solution to this quandry is actually the victor. I ran my version of the report and kept getting errors in the calculation because WebFOCUS would not recognize my zero as an actual zero (go figure). But when I included the INT function and the divide by zero, it worked. Please use the other solution instead.

Thanks all!

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Possibly simpler to try:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
PRICE
BY BUY_DATE
WHERE PRICE NE MISSING
END

P

Posts: 42 | Location: UK | Registered: October 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
or take T's suggestion and format price as PRICE/D8S
and the S will suppress the display of zeros, but you'll still have show a record for the date; if you don't want the record at all, i like ET's suggestion

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post