Focal Point
[CLOSED] Better STYLE Documentation?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1937004496

September 16, 2020, 02:48 PM
Steven L Carter
[CLOSED] Better STYLE Documentation?
Is there some document somewhere that provides a concise list of how various STYLE attributes work (or don't) for the various report components (e.g., REPORT, DATA, HEADING, FOOTING) and display output types (e.g., HTML, PDF, XLSX)?

Right now, I'm trying to adjust the spacing of several HEADING lines in a coordinated compound PDF report. I've discovered that TOPGAP and BOTTOMGAP have no effect when TYPE=HEADING. Yet they do have an effect when TYPE=DATA or TYPE=ACROSSVALUE.

I have not found information like that in the manual (Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language, Release 8207). I've had to spend hours at trial and error. There has got to be a better way. What is it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8207
Excel, PDF, HTML
September 17, 2020, 12:34 PM
David Briars
I have a .pptx of a Summit 2011 presentation called 'Underneath the Sheets: Understanding StyleSheet Code'.

The presenter does an excellent job of explaining/showing the two steps of WebFOCUS Styling: 1. Identifying report components, 2. Formatting the report component.

If you would like a copy perhaps contact your tech rep or PM me with your email address?