Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] InfoAssist Bar and Line Chart - Line Style

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] InfoAssist Bar and Line Chart - Line Style
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Is there a way in InfoAssist 8204 to style the line, Vertical Axis 2, as dotted (or something other than solid) while Vertical Axis 1 is a Bar?

Here's a totally bogus chart that illustrates my point. That point is that I want the green line to be dotted. This was created entirely in IA.
ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
SET PAGE-NUM=NOLEAD
-DEFAULTH &WF_HTMLENCODE=OFF;
SET HTMLENCODE=&WF_HTMLENCODE

SET ARGRAPHENGINE=JSCHART
-DEFAULTH &WF_EMPTYREPORT=ON;
SET EMPTYREPORT=&WF_EMPTYREPORT

SET EMBEDHEADING=ON
SET GRAPHDEFAULT=OFF
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_UNITS='PIXELS';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT='405.0';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_WIDTH='770.0';

-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';
GRAPH FILE baseapp/car
-* Created by Info Assist for Graph
SUM CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST
CAR.BODY.RETAIL_COST
BY CAR.COMP.CAR
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET UNITS &WF_STYLE_UNITS
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS &WF_STYLE_WIDTH
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH BAR
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_SCRIPT

setPieDepth(0);
setPieTilt(0);
setDepthRadius(0); 
setCurveFitEquationDisplay(false); 
setPlace(true); 

*END
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Warm.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT=&WF_TITLE.QUOTEDSTRING, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N1, BUCKET=x-axis, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, BUCKET=y-axis(1), $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N3, BUCKET=y-axis(2), $
*GRAPH_SCRIPT

setReportParsingErrors(false);
setSelectionEnableMove(false);
setTransparentBorderColor(getSeries(*), true);
setSeriesType(0,1);
setSeriesType(1,2);
setLineBasicStrokeType(getY2AxisLine(),12);
setFillColor(getY1ZeroLine(),new Color(192,192,192));
setLineBasicStrokeType(getY1ZeroLine(),16);
*GRAPH_JS_FINAL
"pieProperties": {
    "holeSize": "0%"
},
"riserBevel": "bevel",
"agnosticSettings": {
    "dual": true,
    "chartTypeFullName": "Bar_Clustered_Dual_Axis"
}

*END
ENDSTYLE
END

-RUN
Notice the setLineBasicStrokeType lines.

Thanks, Doug

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Doug,

Click on the Format tab and then open the Labels icon.

This will give you Axes and Legend options.

Click on Axes icon, hover over Vertical Axis and then select More Vertical Axis 2 Options.

Select Advanced and then the Line style should be available to change under the check box for Show Axis Line.

Good luck!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony,

That does change the Axis line. I need to change the Line Chart Line (Orange in the below image) to 'Many Dots' (inset in blue square) as is available for the axis.

Link to Image

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
That does change the Axis line.

Well, that's what you asked for Wink Razzer

I'm not sure that the line style for a data series is exposed within the GUI (but happy to be corrected).

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, that's what you asked for Wink Razzer
It's all about the proper nomenclature, isn't it Frowner ? I did get what I did ask for, didn't I?
What is the proper name for that Orange Line?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Series line style?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Series line style?

The 'Series line style' doesn't have the 'line style' option, just: colors, border, and effect.
Reference: IA Help '?' / InfoAssist+ / Creating and Customizing Charts / Formatting a Series / Format Series Dialog Box

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not sure that the line style for a data series is exposed within the GUI (but happy to be corrected).

Hence my earlier comment.

My reply of "Series line style" was in response to your question "What is the proper name for that Orange line?".

Taking your question too literally Doug and probably not being wordy enough in my responses Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Tony,

That wasn't 'too literally', just very specific and accurately interpreted. 'Series line style' is correct. Smiler