Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Sending Users to Specific Page/Tab in BI Dashboard

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Sending Users to Specific Page/Tab in BI Dashboard
 Login/Join

posted
We have a basic dashboard set up for a group view. Within the dashboard are several pages (or tabs) - one for each department (marketing, sales, etc). I'd like to be able to set up each user's default tab so when they log into the group view, they would immediately have their department's tab selected.

Any way to set this up in user management (or even via the user's config files on the server - don't mind writing some scripts to handle that)?

Posts: 5 | Location: California | Registered: October 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Paul,

Recently, i wanted the know the which tab a report was launched from , so i could decide in my fex which where-clause to apply .

So i openend a case , asking if there was some system variable that could sort this out , the answer came back : NO there isn't.

So my guess is that the same thing will aplly to your problem

I hope someone disagrees with me !

Peter

D: WF 7.6.2 P. : WF 7.6.2 on W2003
------------------------------------------------------------------
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

Posts: 206 | Registered: February 25, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
In a similar vein, is there a way that people will only see the tabs for groups to which they belong. Currently we anticipate maintaining three dashboards:
* general management
* executive
* credit security

Since all group views share the general management tabs it would be preferable to have executives see all tabs and for credit security to see general management tabs and credit security tabs.

We are currently in 5.3.3 and while we anticpate upgrading to 7.1.3 we want to explore alternatives to maintaining several group views.

Rock on FOCUS nation!

Sandy Kadish
Dev: 8.2.04- PostgreSQL
Test: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
Prod: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi S.J.,

It's an intresting train of thought , dynamic group views...
We spent quite some time on design our dashboard as also in the way we would use groupviews , so far we never came across of an option to implement dynamic group views...

P.

D: WF 7.6.2 P. : WF 7.6.2 on W2003
------------------------------------------------------------------
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

Posts: 206 | Registered: February 25, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Another thought: some java script such that if a person did not have access to the reports in a tab they would get a "Sorry Charlie" message. Currently there is just a FOCUS error message when users do not belong to limited group.

BTW - Supposedly in 7.1.3 there are some enhancements to limit views. Has anybody had any experience with 7.1.3 and customizing views?

Sandy Kadish

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
<Emma Schwarz>
posted
In response to paulb: Dashboard doesn't have any way to select the default tab based on userid or group membership. The default tab is always the first tab.

In response to Pete: There isn't any variable value you can query to find out what tab a report is launched from.

Sandy, you can't show or hide tabs based on group membership. You can certainly accomplish this by having separate group views depending on the user's role, as you have already planned. This has not changed in 713.

I don't know of any javascript that would change the message displayed when a user doesn't have access to a report. However, this is possible with Dialog Manager.

These features are being planned for a future release of Dashboard.

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Follow-up to Emma or anyone else:

Now that we're moving to WF 7.6.2 and beyond:
Is it now possible to display or occlude group view tabs based on a user ID coming to a group view?

Sandy Kadish

<Nate Conn>
posted
Along these same lines, is there a way to have an url(outside of dashboard, say on another webpage) to go automatically to the report that is located there in the public view?

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
sure - given that you have the public view enabled with appropriate security in place (for default user). The "report" should either be static content or auto-loaded and you can only get to the default (first) tab. This should get you there:

http://servername/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE...W&WORP_MPV=viewname& 
where viewname is the internal name of the public view you want to reach (like aa_mpv).

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We have some reports in the MRE and these can be used from within the MRE as a srill down report and the same report is also available from within our CRM (Microsoft Dynamics).
The report appears in an inframe of the CRM system.
Works fine. The only thing that can not be done is printing, if a user prints a page, instead of the report it produces the fex-script.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post