Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] Flex Data Visualization Trial on Active PDF in 7.6.9

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] Flex Data Visualization Trial on Active PDF in 7.6.9
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I created an active PDF report using InfoAssist 7.6.9. The active report works fine but if I try to use any of the charting options, I have the following watermark on the screen "Flex Data Visualization Trial". We have licences for Flex Enable though I don't recall needing to enter any specific license code for using FLEX. Is it possible to remove this watermark?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
WebFOCUS Client and Server running on RedHat Linux, Developer Studio on Windows XP
All output formats

Guru
posted Hide Post
This watermark pertains to Active Reports licensing which is different than Flex Enable.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Gold member
posted Hide Post
We are licensed for Active Reports for WebFOCUS......is this the license you are speaking of or do we need some additional license from adobe?

Thanks,
Bob

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
WebFOCUS Client and Server running on RedHat Linux, Developer Studio on Windows XP
All output formats

<JG>
posted
If you are developing on your local DevStudio WebFOCUS server then you need to install an
Active Reports license on that.

If your site is licensed for Active Reports the license should have been installed on the
WebFOCUS server for any dev,test prod etc. environments that you have licensed.

I am not sure about the rules with regards activation of the DevStudio WebFOCUS server license
when you have a site license, best check with your IBI account manager.

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I am developing locally...let me verify if I have the active reports licence code setup there. Thanks.

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
All output formats

posted Hide Post
Bob,

To remove the 'Flex Data Visualization Trial' watermark, you actually need to license the Flex Builder Professional version which is the full blown developers software.

WebFocus 7.6.6, Win2k, Excel, PDF, Flat files, XML, HTML, Flex 1.0.1

Posts: 7 | Location: Bloomfield, CT | Registered: October 24, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
OK. So we purchased an active report license (unlimited) and can create active flex reports / active PDF reports and active HTML with no issues in InfoAsssist/Dev Studio but in order to use the flex graphs without the watermark you need to license Flex Builder Pro? Again...we purchased the Flex Enable so we plan on getting some licenses for Flex Builder eventually as we gain more experience coding in FLEX but why include the Flex Graphs at all in 7.6.9 if you can't use them without the FB License? What if all I wanted to use were these precanned graphs and wasn't going to add more advanced flex capabilities......I still would need a FB license to use these? Just seems a bit odd....but far be if for me to question the licensing strategy of software vendors Smiler

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
All output formats

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Pre 769 you would have to actually use the FB tool to even create a flex doument with webfocus.
769 or later enables you to create graphs and such using webfocus only. You do not need to use the FB tool anymore.
This is because IB has incorporated the FB api stuff in the webfocus product.
They just needed the free third party api software to do what was needed. This resulted in not having to up the cost of the webfocus product. Downside is that the graphs show with a watermark, unless the FB product is licensed.
This is not an IB issue, but a FB issue.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Let's say that I had an FB license......I can see that may allow me to create content in Dev Studio that omits the watermark but what about users creating active flex/pdf using InfoAssist? Is it possible with an FB license to remove this watermark globally for even these users? BTW.....I appreciate the feedback......this starts to put it into more context for me.

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
All output formats

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you have the FB license installed on the system where the document is being created, then it does not matter what the users of that system have installed. The pdf document is created server side, not client side.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I guess therein lies the problem. The WebFOCUS server is running redhat linux. Correct me if I am wrong.......but I don't believe that you can install FB to the Linux platform.......the Linux version of FB has been sitting in an ALPHA with ADOBE for more then a year and doesn't look like it will be in a general release anytime soon. I appreciate all the insight on this.

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
All output formats

Master
posted Hide Post
FYI you do not have to install Flex Builder on the Linux machine! All you need is you Flex Builder License Key, there is a configuration file where you can enter, then the water mark will disappear. If you have a key you can contact NY Support for help on entering the key into the configuration file.

Scott