Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Problem of security
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all

I have a problem of the authentication of login.

At first I defined three variables for login user in site.wfs file.

but there are 6 files in on enviroment as follows:

c:\ibi\srv76\home\etc\site.wfs
c:\ibi\srv76\wfs\etc\site.wfs
c:\ibi\DevStudio76\client\home\etc\site.wfs
c:\ibi\DevStudio76\client\wfc\etc\site.wfs
c:\ibi\DevStudio76\srv76\wfc\etc\site.wfs
c:\ibi\DevStudio76\srv76\wfc\etc\site.wfs

I really dont know which file is the real one that I should modify?
then I add the follows command in all of them.

< set> USER_NAME (pass)
< set> USER_PASS (pass)
< set> USER_ID (pass)

And it runs good on the localhost url, But when I run it in IP mode ,
it cant transfer the variables throuth the pages at the first time,
and in my source there is a judge code for these variables, when the variables is null,
it will set current location to the login page and make the user login again, when the second
login finished. the next page can get that login values by variables.
And when I close the IE and run this again , same problem will happens.

http://localhost/approot/jrsnsl/nw_login.htm variables transfered OK

http://192.168.1.118/approot/jrsnsl/nw_login.htm first time cant transfer the variables , and the next time It will be OK

So I want to know what is the different with the two URL, Is that caused by webfocus or tomcat or IIS?
Can everybody help me ?

thanks

alex

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lepoard,

webfocus7.6.1
Excel2003
Windows,UNIX

Expert
posted Hide Post
Alex,

You should always update site.wfs using the WF Client Console, not the editor. That way you will make sure that you update the correct one. The URL for this is:
http://your_server_name/ibi_apps/console/webfocusconsole.jsp

If the two URLs you specified in your post are pointing to the same server, then I would expect that the behaviour would be the same. However, I suspect that they do not.

Please run the URL I provided with your proper server name, go to Configuration/Custom Settings and make your changes.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ginny
thanks for your advice! You are right , the two URL's behaviour is same .

And i make a mistake for this problem.I found out the only different is , when i add the url in the favorite list of IE, and open it in the explorer, the variables will transfered by null value, but when i open the IE, and then open the URL from the favorite list, it will be ok ?

Can anybody tell me what is the different between the two method?

thanks

alex

webfocus7.6.1
Excel2003
Windows,UNIX

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Alex,

Difference between the two methods:
- manual - that's just it. No further action will be taken by the system, because it does not know that anything has changed. For the change to take effect you'll have to restart the app server (Tomcat in most cases).
- by means of the admin console: the system will know that something has changed and will effectuate the change immediately. The wfs files will be re-processed by the servlets. No further action is required.
The big thing here is, that the wfs files are being read by the servlet, and this will usually happen only once - at the start of the app server. So if something changes you will not see the change unless a restart os done, or if the servlets are being forced to reprocess.

Hope this explanation is clear enough.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
GamP,

Thanks for your help, and your explanation is quite clearly!

At this time the problem is when I open the html from the Explorer , the variables will not transfered by the login page , but when I open the the html from IE , variables will normally transfered.

Is that webfocus's problem ?

thanks!

alex

webfocus7.6.1
Excel2003
Windows,UNIX

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If you're opening a .HTM file that resides on your local machine, it'll open and execute only what's available on your local machine.

When you open the .HTM file via a Browser, and retrieve it off of your Web / App Server, all that is needed will be available and executed.

Hope that helps.