Focal Point
[Closed] Maintain Stack Clear command limit to number of stacks?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1947063196

June 12, 2019, 05:34 PM
Deana
[Closed] Maintain Stack Clear command limit to number of stacks?
Good afternoon,

I frequently clear multiple stacks at one time. Usually only 2-3. Today I had 1 statement to clear around 20 stacks. Only the first stack was getting cleared. After breaking the 1 statement into 5 separate statements, the stacks are cleared properly. Breaking the statements up improves readability as well.

I am just curious if there a limit on the number of stacks which can be referenced in 1 STACK CLEAR statement? I tried searching for a limitation, but did not find any documentation.

Thank you,
Deana

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deana,

WebFOCUS 7.6.8 and 7.7.03; Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2, respectively; Development environments - Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows 7 Professional, respectively;
excel, html, pdf
June 13, 2019, 11:37 AM
Maintain Wizard
Deana
There is no documented limit on the number of stacks that can be on a STACK CLEAR line. Having said that, I may never have tested more than 5. There should be no change in performance by using a few per line. If by using 5 per line gives you the proper results, let's just leave it with that.

Mark
June 14, 2019, 09:40 AM
Deana
Mark,
I plan to use multiple statements in the future. I was just wondering if there was a documented limit.
Thank you, Deana

WebFOCUS 7.6.8 and 7.7.03; Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2, respectively; Development environments - Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows 7 Professional, respectively;
excel, html, pdf