Focal Point
Variable NODATA

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1951010442

August 27, 2007, 04:26 AM
Frans
Variable NODATA
Hi all,

In one of my reports I want to create different type's of NODATA depending on it's ACROSS value.

I tried SET NODATA = IF ACROSSFIELD EQ 'A' THEN 'N/A' ELSE '0';

But that didn't seem to work. I also tried it with a compute, but since there is no data to compute WF doesn't execute the compute statement on NODATA.

Is there a way to manipulate the NODATA field?

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.
August 27, 2007, 04:40 AM
FrankDutch
Frans

What you want is to display alpha fields as 'N/A' and numeric fields as 0 (zero) is that correct?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

August 27, 2007, 04:54 AM
Frans
Hi Frank,

No in the report there are different type of alpha across value's. I've combined 3 reports with MORE and added a across value (a method you mentioned sometime before).

Now there is an across part where there are Yes/No value's and there is an across part which has some numbers. (all fields are alphanumeric)

So for the part with Yes / No value I want 'No' for NODATA and for the rest '0'.

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.
August 27, 2007, 08:01 AM
FrankDutch
So depending on the hold file you want it to become 'NO' or '0'

I think you can say

ON TABLE SET NODATA No

So then this is done in the part of the fex that creates that specific hold file.

In the next part you say

ON TABLE SET NODATA 0

see this

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...451036602#8451036602

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

August 27, 2007, 10:44 AM
TexasStingray
You could always use a define and redefine the field check to see if the value is missing or what ever you want and then if it is numeric and to what you can set it to zero, if alpha then you can set it to 'N/A'. I know this is a manual process but it should give you what you want.

Scott