Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] SQL Pass thru's not working in sit internal server but working in my local.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] SQL Pass thru's not working in sit internal server but working in my local.
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I am having a situation and I dont know where it is going wrong.

This is my code

ENGINE SQLORA SET CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES DEV/SIT TNS_NAME/USERNAME,PASSWORD

SQL SQLORA PREPARE SQLOUT FOR

SELECT * FROM S.TABLE WHERE CONDITION;

END

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT
END
-run

When I ran this code in my app stdio, pointed to sit it working good and when I ran code in Eclipse and pointed to sit with the same connections, it is showing segment not found error.
I use schema.tablename properly.

When I use master files there is no problem at all.
Database:Oracle.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Posts: 109 | Registered: February 02, 2016Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
-run should be switched to uppercase -RUN.

Also, could you explain again what you mean by ran code in Eclipse? The full text of the error message would be very helpful as well. Segment not found should tell you what segment it's looking for that it didn't find.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This was the error message :

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS 903 (HEX: 00000387)
: ORA-00903: invalid table name
: Erroneous token: table
L (FOC1405) SQL PREPARE ERROR.
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 63 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC205) THE DESCRIPTION CANNOT BE FOUND FOR FILE NAMED: SQLOUT
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND

We integrate the WebFOCUS code with java code and run it from the web applications like oracle weblogics or ibm websphere.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
pav

This is definitely not a WebFOCUS issue, it is a message directly from Oracle saying it doesn't like the table name used in the request. Does it work from SQLPLUS?

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Oh.
I did't tried sqlplus. well, I will try that and get back to you.

Thanks for the reply chuck.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
SQLPLU

The same query working great in other tool including AQT also.

I have tried on table hold as hold_name format sqlora but no luck still facing the error.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Pav

Better open a case with techsupport on this one.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Could you change the connection string to
ENGINE SQLORA SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION [Connection Name]

then try. I have seen this in the past where
"ENGINE SQLORA SET CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES" fails to connect.

All the best

WF 8.2.04
Windows/Unix
All Formats
In Focus since 2006

Posts: 74 | Location: UK | Registered: September 17, 2018Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I opened a case with ibi and at the same time I will try you suggestion addy and let you know soon.

Thanks for your inputs.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Addy, it worked and IBI also mentioned the same solution.