Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Match without After Match statement

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Match without After Match statement
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I have come across a report written some years ago, that has a match done in a strange way. I've never seen it done this way and am unsure if it is correct or not, as I have to rewrite it using DB2 SQL. Normally, when I write a match, and from what I see in my wfs book one should have a statement like the following at the end:
AFTER MATCH HOLD OLD-OR-NEW (depending on that you want)  

Could someone possibly tell me why a match would be done like this:

MATCH FILE TABLE1
PRINT DATE
      AMOUNT
   BY NUMBER
RUN
FILE TABLE1
SUM AMOUNT2
   BY NUMBER
RUN
FILE TABLE1
SUM CODE
   BY PINNUMB
   ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD1 MISSING OFF
END
-RUN 

I'm baffled!

Thanks,

Jinx.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jinx,

Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel etc
DevStudio/Webfocus/Focus IBM
SQL Server 2000 / 2008
DB2

Posts: 78 | Location: UK | Registered: February 07, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well, there are actually two things wrong here.
The last BY is on a completely different field which will defenitely produce undesired results (if not an error message nowadays).
The AFTER MATCH is also not present, as you noticed. But that is not too bad, it will revert to the default which is OLD-OR-NEW.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Oh, thanks for that. I didn't know it defaults to OLD-OR-NEW.
As for the by mistake - that's my bad, I simplified the code and forgot to change that one field when adding my post ^^.

Thanks again.

Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel etc
DevStudio/Webfocus/Focus IBM
SQL Server 2000 / 2008
DB2

Posts: 78 | Location: UK | Registered: February 07, 2008Report This Post