Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] PDF Indentation on Specific Cells

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] PDF Indentation on Specific Cells
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I'm using WebFocus 7705 and trying to do indentations on specific rows and I'm having trouble doing so.

Currently what I'm writing is--
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END
-RUN

and it looks like--

COUNTRY
-----------
ENGLAND
JAPAN
ITALY
W GERMANY
FRANCE

but I want it to look like

COUNTRY
-----------
ENGLAND
JAPAN
ITALY
W GERMANY
FRANCE

where the data rows will be indented. I've tried to use the code below, but the problem is that the column header gets indented as well.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN, PAGESIZE='A4', TOPMARGIN=0.000000, SQUEEZE=OFF, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=P1, LEFTGAP=1, $
END
-RUN

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
WebFOCUS 7705
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Ifra,

Assuming that is the expected result:
COUNTRY
-------
        ENGLAND
        JAPAN
        ITALY
        W GERMANY
        FRANCE

Here is a easy solution:
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COMPUTE DUMMY/A8 = ''; AS 'COUNTRY'
      COUNTRY AS ''
END
-RUN

But may not be the proper one depending of what you need.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Martin,

Your assumption was correct that is what I want the output to look like. The only problem with the presented solution is that the end goal is to create a heirachy-like look where some elements will indented like--

COUNTRY
---------
++ENGLAND
JAPAN
++++ITALY
++W GERMANY
FRANCE

where the pluses are the indents.

WebFOCUS 8
WebFOCUS 7705
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What would be the rule the determine if it must have no indent, two or four (as per your example) ?

If you have such a rule, you can add space to mimic an indent similar to this:
DEFINE FILE CAR
DUMMY1 /A30 = IF COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND' OR 'W GERMANY' THEN '  '   | COUNTRY
         ELSE IF COUNTRY EQ 'ITALY'                  THEN '    ' | COUNTRY ELSE COUNTRY;
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT DUMMY1  AS 'Country'
END
-RUN

You'll have to play around with it and even make it more dynamic. This is just a starting point.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Such a simple solution I didn't come up with! That solves my problem. Thanks, Martin.

WebFOCUS 8
WebFOCUS 7705
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Just out of curiousity--is there not a way to just add some type of left padding onto the data cells? I tried searching, but wasn't able to find anything.

WebFOCUS 8
WebFOCUS 7705
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
As far as I know : No

In Focus since 2007

Expert
posted Hide Post
lookup LEFTGAP and RIGHTGAP,
eg: LEFTGAP=.5, RIGHTGAP=.5,

except it doesn't work...it can adjust the column, the entire column, but not the content within it...
I'm going with Martin's answer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Haven't thought about it Susannah, good call

This one can also be a good option: Position/Gap

In Focus since 2007

Expert
posted Hide Post
Nice Susannah, I was about to suggest that till I saw that you just did Smiler
quote:
ookup LEFTGAP and RIGHTGAP,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Nice Susannah, I was about to suggest that till I saw that you just did Smiler
quote:
Lookup LEFTGAP and RIGHTGAP,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post