Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Remove underline in a Column Title (HTML report)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Remove underline in a Column Title (HTML report)
 Login/Join

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
As Susannah has mentioned, it is very annoying that WebFOCUS GRID is tied to other style sheet entries.

To turn off the underline in a column title, I add this CSS:
u {text-decoration: none; }

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Pietro, i've discovered an even sneakier trick for removing column header underlines...Get this:
PRINT CAR AS 'my,car,'
See that final comma? That's all it takes to nuke the underline. And it doesn't give you an extra blank line, the way it would in mainframe.
Sneaky!

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Why doesn't STYLE=-UNDERLINE, work?

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Wow, AS 'my,car,' - that's cool!

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
jimdoyl1, i remember trying style=-underline, and it only applies if set htmlcss = on is set, which of course whacks out all your fex-specific style sheet coding

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Pietro

You seem to have delved into what IBI uses for css. Do you have any recommendations on where to find this out? I have noticed that there are a number of .css files out there, but haven't looked that closely to know where each one is used.

Perhaps IBI has some documentation? Or did you figure this out on your own?

Thanks. Suzy

Posts: 124 | Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
In WebFOCUS Developer Studio there is an option available to turn the column-title underlines off.

Right-click on the column you want to change, or multi-select columns, and choose Fonts from the pop-up menu.

There is a check box for Disable Underline.

This translates to WebFOCUS stylesheet code:

TYPE=TITLE,
COLUMN=N1,
FONT='TIMES NEW ROMAN',
STYLE=-UNDERLINE,
$

I tested it with both HTML and PDF reports.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
K. Piipo,

According to Susannah, the -UNDERLINE only works if SET HTMLCSS = ON, which, in some cases, is not desirable.

By the way, how's Australia? I imagine you've settled in?

Cheers,

Pietro.

Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Suzy,

As far as I can tell, there isn't any WebFOCUS CSS file that can be tweeked behind the scenes.

If you don't turn HTMLCSS ON, there isn't any CSS applied to an HTML report, just normal HTML styling, e.g.
<U>
This U tag is what causes the underline and the CSS styling I apply
u {text-decoration: none; }
removes the underline.

Regards,

Pietro.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Pietro. I do see a bunch of .css files in one of our install directories (focus files, apache, tomcat (servlet) all on unix). We use Windows only for Power Reporter.

I will try to figure out which .css files are used when HTMLCSS ON is set.

I would prefer to do our 'institutional' styling all in one place, rather than on a report by report basis.

Suzy

Posts: 124 | Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2003Report This Post