Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]over 1 million excel rows

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]over 1 million excel rows
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is there a way to have a Webfocus report break the returned answer set of over a 1 million excel rows into multiple tabs.

EXL07 format limit is 1 million rows,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Posts: 61 | Location: New York City | Registered: July 20, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
See ROWLIMIT

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
This kind of request baffles me. Why would ANYONE want a spreadsheet with over a million rows? There has to be a better way to aggregate data before exporting to a spreadsheet than this .....

curmudgeon: a bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous person ....

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George Patton:
This kind of request baffles me. Why would ANYONE want a spreadsheet with over a million rows? There has to be a better way to aggregate data before exporting to a spreadsheet than this .....

curmudgeon: a bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous person ....

A lot of times it's hard to change the hearts and minds of end users that are used to doing things a certain way. I've seen this type of thing a lot and I agree there is a better way but sometimes its a difficult road to hoe.

WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.02
Windows 7, All Outputs

Posts: 141 | Location: Mclean, VA | Registered: December 04, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
To do this you will need to create a field that has a value for each tab. to do that, just create a counter and when it goes over 1 mil, change/increment it.

The use, I think, BYTOC ??

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Look for 'Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language > Choosing a Display Format > Using Excel Display Formats: EXL07, EXL2K, EXL97, EXCEL > Overcoming the Excel 2007 and 2010 Row Limit Using Overflow Worksheets' in the documentation.

quote:
The maximum number of rows supported by Excel 2007 and 2010 on a Worksheet is 1,048,576 (1MB). When you create an EXL07 output file from a WebFOCUS report, the number of rows generated can be greater than this maximum.

To avoid creating an incomplete output file, you can have extra rows flow onto a new Worksheet, called an overflow Worksheet. The name of each overflow Worksheet will be the name of the original Worksheet appended with an increment number.

In addition, when the overflow Worksheet feature is enabled, you can set a target value for the maximum number of rows to be included on a Worksheet. By default, the row limit will be set to the default value for the LINES parameter (57).

Note: By default, when generating EXL07 output, the WebFOCUS page heading and page footing commands generate only Worksheet headings and Worksheet footings.

Syntax: How to Enable Overflow Worksheets
Add the ROWOVERFLOW attribute to your WebFOCUS StyleSheet

TYPE=REPORT, ROWOVERFLOW={ON|OFF|PBON}, [ROWLIMIT={n|MAX}...

This doesn't work for EXL2K...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
This doesn't work for EXL2K...

Does it work for XLSX, in WebFOCUS 8?

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
XLSX
I *think* that's equivalent to EXL07.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
In WebFocus 8.1.05 EXL07 and XLSX are exact synonyms. I also think the exact match appeared around 8.0.09, but it may be true for all of 8.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 (Someday 8)
Windows 7, All Outputs
In Focus since 1983.

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George Patton:
Why would ANYONE want a spreadsheet with over a million rows?

Because Microsoft Excel is the best word processor I've ever used, and it would be nice to format more than 1 million rows of data for presentation.

With Excel, I can add in hyperlinks, clip art, charts, images and backgrounds. I can also control the page layout and add in headers, footers and page numbers.

Name me one other word processor that can do all that AND let me manipulate my 1 million rows of data as if I was working with an actual spreadsheet.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
That must create a rather large printed document for one person to read (or even view on a sceen). But one of the beauties of WebFocus is that if this is what you want you can have it. In this case it takes a little extra effort. Big Grin

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 (Someday 8)
Windows 7, All Outputs
In Focus since 1983.