Focal Point
[SOLVED] Alerts on Dashboard

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/199105374

June 24, 2010, 10:42 AM
AMARNATH_EL
[SOLVED] Alerts on Dashboard
Hi,

I need a suggestion on implementing the below functionality

1) I need to show Alerts on the Dashboard (in one frame) like

--> Credit Volume > Debit Volume for Europe
--> 101 Merchants were Attrited Today

When i click on the Alerts I need to show the report explaining what happened.

Can someone help on how to implement this functionality?

Thanks,
Amarnath

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
Unix
Excel/Html
June 24, 2010, 11:32 AM
Don Garland
Where are the Alerts generated?

Assuming that the metrics are coming from different data sources. Create a report for each condition or metric that outputs a single record with a link to the detailed version of that metric.

Then create a single report that INCLUDEs those reports.

Then create a view with a two blocks, the left side will contain the single report and the right side will display the output of a selected link.

The single report, when run, will in turn run the INCLUDEd reports. If the filters in those reports return records, the links will display otherwise nothing will appear.

Most people will not want that, so you'll put a little HTML in those alert reports to display something meaningful, no link but a message. Maybe something like "No Merchants Trrited" or "Credit Volume < Debit Volume for Europe".

Once I created a table for our HR group, they used MS Access and typed in messages using with links to documents in a public folder. There was a field for began publish and end publish. I used the above idea to provide an announcement page on our dashboard. It worked pretty well and it was easy to set up. Actually they still use it. I set that up in 2005, took about two hours. Great ROI on that one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Garland,
June 24, 2010, 03:01 PM
AMARNATH_EL
Thank you Don, That is a Great Idea!!

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
Unix
Excel/Html