Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Keep report from overwriting chart on compound document

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Keep report from overwriting chart on compound document
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello. I'm new to WebFOCUS and App Studio. I've done some searches in FocalPoint but haven't found anything for this...

I was given an existing .fex to add a summary report page and the first thing I'm running into is that the report listing sometimes has many lines and overwrites the chart heading for the chart at the bottom of the page before the listing continues on the next page. How can I get it to stop on the first page before it bumps into the chart?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DWaybright,

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (production), 8.2.06 (testing)
AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 183 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 05, 2017Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Dwaybrigth ,

Try relative properties in component ,
quote:
RELATIVE-TO='report1', RELATIVE-POINT=BOTTOM-LEFT, POSITION-POINT=TOP-LEFT,

SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON
*-HOLD_SOURCE
COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
UNITS=IN, $
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, METADATA='prop_with_names^Margins_Left=0.5^Margins_Top=0.5^Margins_Right=0.5^Margins_Bottom=0.5^thumbnailscale=4', MERGE=OFF, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, PAGESIZE=Letter, SHOW_GLOBALFILTER=OFF, $
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='Page layout 1', text='Page layout 1', TOC-LEVEL=1, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5, TOPMARGIN=0.5, METADATA='BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5,TOPMARGIN=0.5,LEFTMARGIN=0,RIGHTMARGIN=0,', $
COMPONENT='report1', TEXT='report1', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.604 0.625), DIMENSION=(7.292 2.050), BYTOC=0,  ARREPORTSIZE=DIMENSION, METADATA='left: 0.604in; top: 0.625in; width: 7.292in; height: 2.05in; position: absolute; z-index: 1;', $
COMPONENT='chart1', TEXT='chart1', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.582 2.713), DIMENSION=(* *),  RELATIVE-TO='report1', RELATIVE-POINT=BOTTOM-LEFT, POSITION-POINT=TOP-LEFT, COMPONENT-TYPE=GRAPH,  ARREPORTSIZE=DIMENSION, METADATA='left: 0.582in; top: 2.713in; width: 7.354in; height: 2.552in; position: absolute; z-index: 2;', $
END
SET COMPONENT='report1'
-*component_type report
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Public/Report9.fex
SET COMPONENT='chart1'
-*component_type chart
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Public/Chart1.fex
COMPOUND END 

WF Production :- WF:8.0.0.4, 8.1.05 App-studio/Developer Studio(8.1.x) ,
8.2.0.1M , 8.2.0.2 (App-Studio8.2.x),
InfoAssist/+, InfoDiscovery
Output format:-AHTML, PDF, Excel, HTML
Platform:-Windows 7, 8,10

Posts: 186 | Location: Infobuild India | Registered: August 28, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
RELATIVE-TO='report1', RELATIVE-POINT=BOTTOM-LEFT, POSITION-POINT=TOP-LEFT,

Thanks Chaudhary! That is almost it. The report still overwrites the chart title if there is only be one or maybe two lines overlapping. If there are more, it runs the report to the end of the page and on the top of the next followed by the chart. I'm wondering if there is something else I need to change or add. Ideas?
Thanks again for the help!

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Dwaybright

If you are still having a problem then I suggest you open a case with techsupport if not please mark this as [SOLVED]

Thanks

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I hate to open a case because I feel like there must be something I'm missing (since I'm new to WebFOCUS). But if everyone thinks Chaudhary's suggestion should have fixed it and if it isn't working as expected I guess I should open a case (not sure how to do that either...)

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Dwaybright

If you haven't done so already you will need to go to http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com and under the My Account menu option choose create an account. You will need your IBI site code to do that. Once you can log in go to Case Management and open a new case.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
did you set your report properties to flowing instead of fixed ?

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Geoff, yes, properties are st to flowing.
Chuck, I will find the Case Management link and open a case.
Thanks all!

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I figured it out. When I added the RELATIVE bits to the COMPONENT definition of the chart, I hadn't changed the POSITION values. I changed them to (+.1 +.1) and now my report prints and the chart follows!

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs