Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPEN]SQL Server 2016 Compatibility

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPEN]SQL Server 2016 Compatibility
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone tested SQL Server 2016 in any of the IBI products?

Currently, everything in the release notes only point to SQL Server 2014.

We are currently on SQL 2014, and I am looking to upgrade to get some of the features in SQL 2016 that are new or dramatically improved.

If anyone has tested any applications with this please let me know!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I don't have SQL Server 2016 to test against, but I just installed 8201 and notice that SQL Server 2016 is on the list of configurable adaptors.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dhagen:
I don't have SQL Server 2016 to test against, but I just installed 8201 and notice that SQL Server 2016 is on the list of configurable adaptors.

Thank you for the response. We are currently on 8.1.05M and have not moved up to the 8201. We have been waiting for this and it is available to download on our sitecode, however we are not sure if it supports 8.1.05M code or if it is still for new development?

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Open a case with tech support and find out. I believe that it is a simple migration from 81 to 82.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We just attempted to migrate our 81 repo on a 2012 server to our new 8201m MR1 (2012 still) server repo, and it didn't go over well yet. Nothing runs... Have a case open currently trying to figure it all out. Got the customary "please give us all-the-logs" response... Hoping we'll get somewhere this time soon though. So, once the GA release of 8201m hits, it "should" be a simple migration. As of right now...not so.

8201 release = new development only
8201m release - new and existing content

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post