Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]FOCUS Error FOC017

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]FOCUS Error FOC017
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi

I am getting the following error when executing a FOCUS program:

(FOC017) THE NUMBER OF TEST CONDITIONS EXCEEDS THE MAXIMUM
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND
(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT

The description says:
(FOC017) THE NUMBER OF TEST CONDITIONS EXCEEDS THE MAXIMUM
The total length of the literal test values in the IF phrases exceeds the maximum capacity to store the literal data. For FOCUS databases the limit is 32767 literals,for other files the limit is about 3000 characters.

Can anyone tell me how can I resolve this.

Thanks for your help.

-Shrikant

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shrikant,

Posts: 39 | Location: Hyderabad, India | Registered: April 28, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
All you need to know how to achieve a fix is in the description. Check what your test condition is doing and change it.

It is likely that you have an IF field EQ (filename) or similar and your file will have more than the maximum permitted values or bytes. One way to remedy the problem is to change your selection to use a MATCH process.

See other posts relating to this.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony,

Exactly! I was using IF field EQ (filename), and it worked fine when I replaced it with a MATCH.

-Shrikant

FOCUS 7.2.3
Platform: IBM system Z9 Business class
O/P formats: Flat files, excel and CSV files

Posts: 39 | Location: Hyderabad, India | Registered: April 28, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Shrikant / Tony.,

I am also facing the same problem (FOC017) in IF statement. Could you please let me know how you solved this issue..

FOCUS for MainframeMVS
all output(Excel, HTML,PDF)

posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,

How to replace the IF by MATCH.

I tried to replace but I am getting.. MATCH COMMAND not recognized.

Could you tell me the reason behind this.

FOCUS for MainframeMVS

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You can't just replace IF with MATCH. What Shrikant most likely meant is that he changed the logic in his report by removing the problematic IF statement(s) from the main selection section (TABLE FILE ..) and implemented a MATCH FILE process instead.

Check the "Creating Reports with WebFOCUS Language" manual for a definition and examples about the MATCH logic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: njsden,

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

posted Hide Post
Thanks njsden

FOCUS for MainframeMVS