Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Portal to Portal Linkage 8.2.02

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Portal to Portal Linkage 8.2.02
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi ,

Is there a way to have a initial page with links to other pages?

Like "home page" with links to the other pages in the portal.
Eg:
We have the following fex file in one portal and when we click on the car name( column 2), another portal pop up with the car details.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES

BY CAR
BY MODEL
WHERE CAR EQ '&CAR';
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
END

Fex file for 2nd portal:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR

ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Aerotek/Common/Style/aerotek_rpt.sty
$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=9, WRAP=OFF, SQUEEZE=.6, JUSTIFY=CENTER,
TARGET='_blank',
FOCEXEC=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Test/Car_drill.fex( \
CAR = N2 \

),

$
ENDSTYLE
END

Thank you in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MeM,

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
That a very good question.

I would like to know too.

Perhaps someone from IBI can comment.

But MeM, you may have to put a case in through Tech Support

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
This thread discusses calling a portal while passing parms:

http://forums.informationbuild...7062886?r=9137082886

I don't think there are too many other threads that discuss a solution.

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
MeM

I am not sure I am clear on what you want to do but on a portal page you can have multiple panels and a drill down from one can populate another.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I think MeM is asking if you can drill from one page to another, not panels in a page.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
A drill from one page to another page within the same portal can be achieved using the following drilldown syntax (obviously the column reference etc. would be relevant to your code) -

TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N1,
JAVASCRIPT=navigateToPage( \
           'page4' \
           'drilldownfex' \
           'variablename' \
           N1 \
           ),
$

Navigation will be passed to the page referenced.

You can find the page value from the Portal Editor - referred to as "Page Name".

The variable name and it's value will be passed to all procedures contained within that page.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Just a note to add that this is portal navigation specific, therefore it will not function outside of a portal page - i.e. when run from App Studio.

You will also need to add a JSURL to your report -

SET JSURL = '/ibi_apps/tools/portalcanvas/iframeinterface.js'

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony A:
Just a note to add that this is portal navigation specific, therefore it will not function outside of a portal page - i.e. when run from App Studio.

You will also need to add a JSURL to your report -

SET JSURL = '/ibi_apps/tools/portalcanvas/iframeinterface.js'

T

Thank you Tony. But I want drill down from one portal to another not within the same portal.

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
I thought as much, but replied "just in case". I'm sure someone else will want the detail.

As for your request, I would suggest that you raise a case with tech support.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi MeM

I do not see a way to accomplish this. I suggest you submit a New Feature Request via techsupport, it seems like a good idea to me.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I found this: https://techsupport.informatio...om/sps/20403542.html

Which has the code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8" />
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<button type="button"
onclick="parent.BipIframeInterface.navigateToPage('page1');">Open Page1</button>
<button type="button"
onclick="parent.BipIframeInterface.navigateToPage('page2');">Open Page2</button>
</body>
</html> 

This worked for me in 8.2.02 when I made sure that 'page1' and 'page2' were each page's Name not the Title. You have to look at the pages properties for this.
If the portal page's properties shows a .page at the end like this:

Name Overview.page

Just use the 'Overview' part of the name like this:

<button type="button"
onclick="parent.BipIframeInterface.navigateToPage('Overview');">Open Page1</button>

WebFOCUS 8.2.06

Posts: 210 | Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan | Registered: October 19, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. I have opened up a case with IB and will update it over here once I get the solution from them.

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
MeM,

Seeing as how you're on 8202, you are able to use the new "V4" portal architecture they've added. As you've seen, the portal pages you create have a .page extension on them. From what I was taught by a guy in the know at IBI about this, the pages no longer "belong" to a specific portal anymore. So, you could very well reference one page from another using (most likely) the method dbeagan has outlined. I haven't tried it myself, but it looks like it could do the trick. As for the target of the drill, I would think you could merely have it open in a new window (target='_blank'). I'm not sure if the portal container itself supports the ability to hot-swap pages on top of one another, but wouldn't see why it couldn't be done if you first ensure your .page houses a responsive panel container that can run an AppStudio HTML page with a reference to the new .page and hidden inputs with params (my workaround brain thinking).

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
A drill from one page to another page within the same portal

Awesome Tony

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Gold member
posted Hide Post
IB guy said its not possible. Does anybody have any alternate idea how I can implement this? I was thinking that the drill down report open up in a new tab of the same portal but that is also not possible. Is there any other way I can complete my project?

Thank you in advance.

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
MeM

I think the closest thing you can get is to use the Drill Down Type of Refresh BI Portal and have a second panel on the same portal tab where the results will display.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Chuck. Since there are 4-5 reports on the second panel, it will be difficult to display them on the same tab. Is it possible to have second tab on the same portal with all those reports?

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You can use a tab or accordion object on a portal page to allow the reports to display and save on real estate.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Is it possible for you to provide me an example for this?

Thanks in advance.

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Just got our 8202 test environment up and running. About to dig into the new WF Designer to see what it can and can't do. Did see mention of what Chuck was saying that you can do accordion and tabbed containers within the docs. I'd search there for some help as well. Not sure if 8202 comes with new samples beyond what they had via the Retail Samples domain content, but will know soon enough.
8202 documentation link

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
MeM

It is not something that I can post. When you are in the portal designer under the Insert menu option there are icons for a tab container and accordian container and then you drop your content into them. It is pretty straight forward.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Chuck and cool guy, I will try this.

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
It can be done using a Global Variable "&&"

1) in Portal1 - create one report COUNTRY.fex

with a drill down to the Portal2 procedure : COUNTRY.fex

2) in this COUNTRY.fex (Portal2) Use GLOBAL variable &&COUNTRY to store the &COUNTRY from the Portal1 and open the Portal2

-SET &&COUNTRY=&COUNTRY;

-HTMLFORM BEGIN

<script type="text/javascript">

window.location='//csshxc:18080/ibi_apps/portal/Portal2/Portal2';

3) now

In each reports in Portal2 : COUNTRY_1 & COUNTRY_1_1

USE THE &&COUNTRY for the filter

WHERE CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY EQ '&&COUNTRY'

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
MeM

Thanks for the update. This is good to know!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony A:
A drill from one page to another page within the same portal can be achieved using the following drilldown syntax (obviously the column reference etc. would be relevant to your code) -

TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N1,
JAVASCRIPT=navigateToPage( \
           'page4' \
           'drilldownfex' \
           'variablename' \
           N1 \
           ),
$

Navigation will be passed to the page referenced.

You can find the page value from the Portal Editor - referred to as "Page Name".

The variable name and it's value will be passed to all procedures contained within that page.

T

Can we pass multiple parameters to the landing page using 'navigatetopage()'?