Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] ReportCaster: Status of currently running jobs (via BOT* tables)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] ReportCaster: Status of currently running jobs (via BOT* tables)
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Which BOT tables hold information regarding currently running ReportCaster jobs? I found this: http://documentation.informati...htm?url=topic155.htm but I want to use the BOT tables to do the same.

- ABT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If I understand the question, I think you are looking for BOTLOG, BOTLOG2 tables.

All BOT* tables are documented here:
http://documentation.informati.../source/topic134.htm

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows Server 2003

Posts: 23 | Location: Nashville | Registered: April 10, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Scott,
Thanks for the reply, but BOTLOG appears to only hold details for finished/completed jobs, not those currently running. BOTLOG2 is the same, but with errors/messages for each.

I need to find out which jobs are currently running via the BOT tables or some other automatic/dynamic/programmatic method (i.e. not the ReportCaster console).

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Guru
posted Hide Post
ABT, did you ever find a resolution to this issue? I'm having the same issue. The BOTLOG record is written after the job is completed. There is a table called BOTSTATE, but I am unable to find any documentation on it.

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:

ABT, did you ever find a resolution to this issue?

Unfortunately, no.

quote:
There is a table called BOTSTATE, but I am unable to find any documentation on it.

I can confirm that that doesn't seem to have anything to do with this issue. I have three ReportCaster jobs running and my BOTSTATE table is empty.

Seems the best you can do is see when 'NEXTRUNTIME' is and check the logs to see if there is a corresponding entry for that time.

Why do I always feel like I want to do things with WebFOCUS no one else wants to do...

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Guru
posted Hide Post
I wonder how the console knows?

\ibi\ReportCaster76\samples\C11_Get_Running?

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Most likely via the Java API. More trouble than it's worth, at least for me...

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Correct, the ReportCaster Console uses the java api to get the status of jobs in the waiting queue and the running queue. Also, as stated above, BOTLOG AND BOTLOG2 only hold information for completed jobs since the records are written after a job finishes.

WebFOCUS All Releases

Posts: 45 | Location: NYC | Registered: September 21, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
ABT, did you ever find a good solution for this?

I want to be able to grab the same information so that we can exit reports if the dependent schedules have not executed yet.

Prod/Dev: WebFOCUS 8.0.08 on Windows Server 2008/Tomcat , WebFOCUS DevStudio 8.0.08 on Windows 7 Pro

Posts: 94 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: August 08, 2012Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joey Sandoval:
ABT, did you ever find a good solution for this?

Still no, but I kind of stopped looking/asking.

quote:
I want to be able to grab the same information so that we can exit reports if the dependent schedules have not executed yet.

I think you're going to have to roll your own. Something I was considering was this. Write out a start record and a stop record to a status table for all the jobs. In your dependent jobs, read this table in the first step, if the prior job has finished (i.e. a stop record is present), proceed. If not .... (here's where it gets tricky). I've considered rewriting the BOTSCHED table's NEXTRUNTIME field to 10 minutes in the future so it would (hopefully) reschedule. I've considered using the ReportCaster API to reschedule or re-execute the job. Do a DOS Sleep. Schedule it to run once an hour and quit when it reads the success message. Auto enable/disable the dependent job throughout the day and have one main job to reset the values at midnight. etc etc etc.

I know ReportCaster has Pre/Post processing steps, but I really need something more like DTS/SSIS for job scheduling.

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases: