Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Maintain can't find FOCUS database or Master? (FOC03635 error)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Maintain can't find FOCUS database or Master? (FOC03635 error)
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I'm starting a new Maintain app and decided to use a few FOCUS databases. I'm developing it on the same machine where Dev Studio is installed using the localhost reporting server.

I created a new master file, Jobs.mas, using Synonym Editor with suffix FOC. Then I wrote a fex to USE and CREATE it. That worked fine. Now I have a "Jobs.foc" file in the Master folder under my project along with the Jobs.mas file. I ran a quick TABLE FILE Jobs query and it returned 0 records so it seems the DB was created correctly. I made sure both files are Added to the project (icons are not translucent).

Then I created a new Maintain app in MDE. I go to Use Data Sources and pick Jobs from the list. It changes the first line to MAINTAIN FILE Jobs. So far so good. Then I create a new data source stack, stkJobs and select all 3 fields in Jobs. I get an "Infer Jobs.ROOT_SEG.Name into stkJobs" statement. Looks good so far. At this point I don't even bother creating any forms. I just save it and select Run Procedure. And then I get the FOC03635 error.

(FOC03847) MntEX Compile failed for info_center/Elements_Load
(FOC03601) ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 8 IN PROCEDURE
info_center/Elements_Load.MAINTAIN
(FOC03635) JOBS : Is not a Database Entity.
Here's my code:

MAINTAIN FILE Jobs 

$$Declarations

Case Top
Infer Jobs.ROOT_SEG.Name into stkJobs;

EndCase

END

First thing I did was go into my localhost reporting server console and check my Application Path. I did add my project's folder to the path and saved it After that, still got the same FOC03635 error.

I'm sure I'm just missing some simple thing here but what do I need to do to get rid of this error. I've been working on other Maintain apps but they've all used SQL Server tables on a remote server and I haven't had any problems using those data sources. Seems weird that I'm able to select the data source and create a stack from it but when the app runs, Maintain doesn't like the database name.

I looked through the help and PDF manuals I have but didn't see anything helpful. Any help is appreciated.
I'm using 7.6.2 on Windows XP Pro.

Thanks, James

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

FOCUS 7.7.03
WebFOCUS 8.0.x/8.1
z/OS, Windows

Posts: 54 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: September 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I did some more searching on this...

Looks like lowercase fieldnames in MFDs can cause the FOC03635 error in Maintain and it's not specific to FOCUS databases. On the IBI Tech Support it says it was fixed in both the 7.6.2 service pack and the 7.6.3 service pack. I'm not sure why it says that for both. The case # appears to be #32541068. Well, I'm using 7.6.2 so maybe it wasn't fixed in 7.6.2 or so it seems. Maybe it's really in the 7.6.3 upgrade. Anyone know?

Anyway, I changed my fieldnames to all uppercase and that did get rid of the error. I can live with that for now. It's not that big of a deal to have to use uppercase field names in the MFDs.

FOCUS 7.7.03
WebFOCUS 8.0.x/8.1
z/OS, Windows

Posts: 54 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: September 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Currently, Maintain ONLY supports Upper Case Master files. There is a new feature underway that will allow for Mixed Case Masters. The only thing is, if you choose to use that option, all of the code your Maintain Applications will be case specific. So, if you name a stack MovieStack, you will have to refer to it the same way in your entire application. Same with case names, variables names, etc...

This will be an option so if you choose to not invoke Mixed Case Masters, coding will remain the same.

Mark Derwin

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the explanation, Mark.

FOCUS 7.7.03
WebFOCUS 8.0.x/8.1
z/OS, Windows

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maintain Wizard:
Currently, Maintain ONLY supports Upper Case Master files. There is a new feature underway that will allow for Mixed Case Masters. The only thing is, if you choose to use that option, all of the code your Maintain Applications will be case specific. So, if you name a stack MovieStack, you will have to refer to it the same way in your entire application. Same with case names, variables names, etc...

This will be an option so if you choose to not invoke Mixed Case Masters, coding will remain the same.

Mark Derwin

Mark, I have been trying to resolve this one for the past 3 days.
(FOC03847) MntEX Compile failed for PSQINFO
(FOC03601) ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 101 IN PROCEDURE PSQINFO.MAINTAIN
(FOC03635) ADS_OPEN_ITEMS : Is not a Database Entity.

This is what my access file looks like

SEGNAME=ADS_OPEN_ITEMS, TABLENAME=`ADS Open Items`, CONNECTION=PSQ, KEYS=1, $

MASTER

ILENAME=ADS_OPEN_ITEMS, SUFFIX=SQLMAC , $
SEGMENT=ADS_OPEN_ITEMS, SEGTYPE=S0, $
FIELDNAME='PSQ#', ALIAS='PSQ#', USAGE=A255V, ACTUAL=A255V,
MISSING=ON, $
FIELDNAME=PRIORITY, ALIAS=Priority, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I4,
MISSING=ON, $

FLOW
HTML (FRONT PAGE) -----> FOCEXEC ----> MAINTAIN MODULE

1) I have tried "upper casing" all fields within the master.
2) I have the application defined in my app path in edasprof.prf
3) I have always been able to return data in both my html page and the fex file that is called from the html page.

When the fex executes it bring up a list of 'requests' for the user to select. The user then clicks the "PSQ# field number" e.g. 1234
When I click on my desired PSQ#, the FEX it passes this as an argument to the MAINTAIN module.
This is what is happening 'under the covers' in the FOCEXEC

Fex
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=PSQ#,
COLOR = RED,
URL=&IBI_CLIENT..?(PSQ=PSQ# fromfex=FROMFEX \
subject_area_category = '&SUBJECT_AREA_CATEGORY' \
status_category = '&STATUS_CATEGORY' \
requested_by = '&REQUESTED_BY' \
timestamp=DATETIMENOW IBIF_cmd='MNTCON EX PSQINFO' \
IBIS_passthru='on' IBIS_connect='on'),

With in the MAINTAIN

Declare tpsq / A0 = IWC.GetAppCgiValue( "PSQ" );
Declare fromfex / A0 = IWC.GetAppCgiValue( "fromfex" );
Declare subject_area_category / A0 = IWC.GetAppCgiValue( "subject_area_category" );
Declare status_category / A0 = IWC.GetAppCgiValue( "status_category" );
Declare requested_by / A0 = IWC.GetAppCgiValue( "requested_by" );

Anything that you could suggest would be greatly appreciated.

sincerest regards
Steve

WebFOCUS 7.7.01 Windows, TSO 7.0

Master
posted Hide Post
That error MAY mean that you are referencing the segname instead of the field on that row of your Maintain. What is the code on or around line 101? See if you list the Master or Segment name and not the field. If there is no obvious problem, zip up the files and send them to me at: Mark_Derwin@IBI.Com.

Please send the MAS, ACX and MNT files. Remember to zip them.

Mark

Master
posted Hide Post
Steve
I just realized that the problem may be the # in your field name. As a very simple test please create a small Maintain that has:

MAINTAIN FILE ADS_OPEN_ITEMS
NEXT PSQ#
END

I think that is going to give you the error as well.

Mark

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
MAINTAIN FILE ADS_OPEN_ITEMS
NEXT PSQ#
END

Hi All

This is the reply that I received from Mark.

Steve
In your MFD you have PSQ#. In you Maintain code around line 101 you are ONLY referencing PSQ. That is why you are getting that ADS_OPEN_ITEMS is not a database entity. It doesn’t recognize the field.

FOR ALL Next ADS_OPEN_ITEMS.ADS_OPEN_ITEMS.PSQ into psq_stk
WHERE ADS_OPEN_ITEMS.ADS_OPEN_ITEMS.PSQ EQ psq_no;

Now PLEASE try this. Maintain cannot reference a field with a # in it but since the interface uses the Alias, please change the fieldname in your MFD to just PSQ. If you can drop the # sign from the fieldname then you should be alright.

Mark

This resolved my problem.
Thanks a million Mark
regards Steve

WebFOCUS 7.7.01 Windows, TSO 7.0