Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Creating domains

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Creating domains
 Login/Join

posted
I created a new domain and the application folder for it, but when i go through the MR Administration under domains the selected domain is not the correct one it keeps defaulting to another domain even after changing it to the correct one and saving it. Can anyone please shed some light on this situation and if possible the steps on creating a new domain to make sure i did not overlook a step.

Thanks a bunch

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm not quite sure what your question is. The only way you can create a domain is through the MR environment - there is no "creating and application folder." That part is done automatically. Next question - you say "it keeps defaulting to another domain" What is "it"? There is no default domain for anything so I don't know what you mean by the selected domain not being the correct one. Correct one for what? Please explain a little further.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I created the domain through the MR environment but when i look at the properties for the newly created domain the application path i want it to point to does not appear. The domain i created was called ACCR2 and it needs to point to application path accr2. I'm not sure if i need to create a new data adapter for this to show? Hope it was explained a little more.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
In Dev Studio goto Managed Reporting.
Right click the domain ACCR2 goto properties
check Application Path and pick accr2 from the dropdown.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files

Posts: 320 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: February 12, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That is where i run into my problem because there is no accr2 in the dropdown.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Your APP PATH statement is on the Reporting Server. You can't create a domain and have it magically appear. It needs to be added to edasprof.prf or all the user profiles, if you are using those...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom, is this the same as creating a new data adapter through the console?

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
viking08,
Are you sure that you have an application folder named accr2?
- Data Servers
- EDASERVE
- Applications
+ accr2

If you want to add accr2 to your APP PATH log into the WebFOCUS Reporting Server and Click Metadata on the top.
You will be presented with the list of application folders in your APP PATH.
Click the icon that has the tooltip "Configure Path".
Now you will be able to add/remove application folders from the APP PATH and move folder up/down the APP PATH.

Tom,
In my environment I can add an application folder to a domian even if the application folder is not in the APP PATH.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files

Posts: 320 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: February 12, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Max, you are correct. He/She needs to add the APP folders to the DOMAIN within MRE - my bad!

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
is this the same as creating a new data adapter through the console

Not really. It uses the console but that's the only things that's the same. It's NOT done through the Data Adapters area.

First, we need to clarify a couple of things. The fact that you have created a new domain in MRE does NOT mean that you need a new application folder on the server. Unless you have some procedures, images, etc. that NEED to reside on the WF server, everything you need is created in the MRE structure. You haven't really mentioned any reason why you actually need a new application folder on the WF server.

If you DO have a specific reason for a new application folder on the WF server, this is done through the web console, click on Metadata, then on the application configuration icon, (top of left panel, third icon from left) and you can create new app folders, add them the the server path, etc. Please note that on some platforms like Linux and Unix, if you create ACCR2, the folder that gets created may be accr2 (lower case) and this is what you would see in any app folder list like in MRE.

In MRE, you can also just type in the name of an app directory even though it does not appear on the list. That list, by default, is going to show you the folders that currectly exist on the server's app path. There may be a directory that is not availabl to all users via the app path that you wish to access for a specific domain. In that case, just type in the correct name of the directory.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Darin,

Thanks for the information.

I follwed the steps that you explained above, when i save app path, the new app path is visible when i refresh that particular app path no longer shows.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
All Outputs