Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Use drop down value in new procedure

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Use drop down value in new procedure
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys,

I have an htm launch page to execute several procedures.
I would like to use a drop down list to select a value that will be used in reports in several other procedures.
My drop down list is populated by a procedure and has 2 fields: source_code (return value) and source_name (displayed value).

When I select a source_name in the list I would like the other procedures to use the related source_code in the reports.

E.g.: I select source_name1 in the drop down list, my next procedure should return source_code1 in a field named srce_code.

Does anyone know if there is a way to this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.1.0.5
Windows 10
xls, csv, dbf

Posts: 10 | Location: France | Registered: November 24, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Mathijs

When you look at the settings tab for the drop down list there you are referencing a dynamic / Explicit (Requests panel) which is your procedure and then you reference the source_code for the 'Value From' and source name for the 'Display From'. By default it will display the source_name and pass the source_code to the fex unless you click the checkbox to tell it to send the Display Value. Are you not seeing that behavior?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,

Yes I did configure the drop down that way.
What I don't know is how to retreive the source_code and use it in a report as a new field.

A while ago I did something similar and used the drop down to send a value to a report in a where that looked like this:

TABLE FILE DELIVERYHOLD
PRINT
DELIVERYHOLD.DELIVERY.CROP_YEAR
DELIVERYHOLD.DELIVERY.DELIVERY
WHERE DELIVERYHOLD.DELIVERY.DELIVERY EQ &DELIVERY.(OR(FIND DELIVERY.SEG01.DELIVERY IN delivery)).Select date(s).;
ON TABLE SAVE FILENAME
'/Reports/report.xls' FORMAT EXCEL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = endeflt,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Today I would like to do something like this:

TABLE FILE CHECK1
BY YEAR
BY COUNTRY
BY SOURCE_CODE
ON TABLE HOLD
END

SOURCE_CODE being the value selected in the drop down list but I don't know the syntax.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mathijs,

WebFOCUS 8.1.0.5
Windows 10
xls, csv, dbf

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Mathijs

That drop down has a parameter associated with it, click on the parameters tab in the html composer. You simply add a WHERE statement to your code WHERE SOUCRCE_CODE EQ '&SOURCE_CODE' or whatever that parameter name is called. Remember they are case sensistive.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Today I would like to do something like this:
TABLE FILE CHECK1
BY YEAR
BY COUNTRY
BY SOURCE_CODE
ON TABLE HOLD
END  

SOURCE_CODE being the value selected in the drop down list but I don't know the syntax.

Just put the variable after the BY, and link that variable to the control
-DEFAULT &RETURN_VALUE = 'FOC_NONE';
TABLE FILE CHECK1
BY YEAR
BY COUNTRY
BY &RETURN_VALUE
ON TABLE HOLD
END  

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

I have added WHERE SRCE_CODE EQ '&Source'; to my script but is asks to 'specify values for all parameters'.

Hallway,

I did this but it only displays year, not &Source:

-DEFAULT &Source = 'FOC_NONE';

TABLE FILE CHECK1
BY CHECK1.SEG01.YEAR
BY &Source
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END

WebFOCUS 8.1.0.5
Windows 10
xls, csv, dbf

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Mathijs

Please post your entire fex code with the WHERE I asked you to put in.

posted Hide Post
Chuck,

Here is my code:

TABLE FILE CHECK1
BY CHECK1.SEG01.YEAR
WHERE SRCE_CODE EQ &Source;
END

WebFOCUS 8.1.0.5
Windows 10
xls, csv, dbf

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Mathijs

Well it can't get simpler than that.. Add this code to the top

-SET &ECHO=ALL;

Also try

WHERE SRC_CODE EQ '&Source';

And lastly put this before the TABLE FILE
-DEFAULTH &Source='_FOC_NULL';

posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,

It is still not showing the right field.
Does it have to be in a form ?

-SET &ECHO=ALL;

-DEFAULTH &Source='_FOC_NULL';

TABLE FILE CHECK1
BY CHECK1.SEG01.YEAR
WHERE SRCE_CODE EQ &Source;
END

WebFOCUS 8.1.0.5
Windows 10
xls, csv, dbf

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Mathijs

Yes that code looks correct. Is it displaying a report? If so right mouse click on the output and choose view source option. At the bottom you should see the code that was executed with the &Source parameter value displayed. If the code is not what you expected in the html composer for that page is the run button tied to the correct report fex? Just to be sure in the Requests and Data Sources tab remove the fex and re-add it as a External Request to make sure it is using the most current copy. You will then have to go under the tasks and animation tab and select the run button and make the task option run the request