Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Problem with Windows XP and JAVA

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Problem with Windows XP and JAVA
 Login/Join

<billf>
posted
My users have recently purchased new PC's with Windows XP. The OS shipping preloaded no longer has MS JVM. Rather it comes preinstalled with Sun JAVA 1.4.2. Now MRE Report Assistant does not work. It will not launch the report. MRE opens ok and domains display. All works well on older XP and 2000 with MS JVM. Switching to logon.htm from MRlogon.htm does not help.

Anyone have any ideas? Tech support says that there are problems with JAVA to be fixed in the future. My users are not happy now. Has anyone fixed this one out there? Thanks in advance.

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
you need to upgrade the java to sun java 1.4.3 or above - then it should work.

<WFUser>
posted
Download and install the Microsoft JVM. If the Sun plug-in is installed, disable it.

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Getting everything back to the Microsoft JVM will work too, but if you are depending on the sun version, as I know some shops do - you will have to upgrade (it is slower than the Microsoft JVM though) - but sun java 1.4.3 and above will allow users to access MRE from netscape, and mozilla browsers as well - so its a matter of user, and shop protocol.

<billf>
posted
I have done some testing using JAVA 1.5.0 Beta and it does seem to work better. Both the JRE on client and SDK on the server seem to run a little faster and seem to make reports run.

Anyone know where to get a supported version of the MS JVM as suggested. Microsoft has removed it from their site. The suggestion to re-install the MSJVM is a good one at this point.

I also have another thread open on poor performance. I am interested in what others have seen relative to extended loading times for the JAVA Report Assistant. It seems to take a long time to load.

Report This Post