Focal Point
[SOLVED] Multiple Y-Axis and some other requirements

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2057001196

February 10, 2019, 06:26 PM
Shingles
[SOLVED] Multiple Y-Axis and some other requirements
Hi Folks,

I've spent too much time on this. I think it should be simple enough, but I can't figure it out. I would like to show three measures, the first series should be an Area graph, while the other two are vertical bars. The first series should also have its own axis on the right side of the graph otherwise it dwarfs the rest of the data.

I've seen several examples on how to do this, such as Francis' right here, but I would also like to see a scroll bar along the x-axis. I have many labels along the x-axis, so instead of things getting too small/tight, I need to be able to scroll the x-axis. The bars need to be clustered too, not stacked like in Francis' example above.

I got pretty far in what I wanted to do, but I couldn't get the bar chart to be horizontal, with both axes, and with the scroll bar. I'm working off code generated in InfoAssist to get me the scroll bar, but I can't seem to merge that into Francis' example above (or vice versa). I think my problem lies with the what shows up after ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE vs GRAPH_SCRIPT. I believe I can't use the same code between those two different wrappers.

Again, I've spent just too much time on this. Its silly really. Sometimes a change turns Francis' vertical bars into horizontal. Other times the graph is huge. Other times I have vertical bars (which is good), but I lose the second y-axis. I did create an example with CAR, but there aren't enough labels (x-axis) labels to warrant a scroll bar, so that isn't a good example anyway. Francis' example in that thread above should recreate most of what I'm trying to do, however I want to
1) show clustered bars (which I was able to pull together
2) show one of the series on a separate axis and
3) this series should also be an Area graph (or line) and
4) I need that scroll bar
Is this something I can create a ticket for?

Here's a more general question. I've taken quite a bit of training, but I don't see me using much of it. The gui interface training I had is fine, but I always hit some kind of roadblock there, so I'm forced to use the code. I like using code (more control and what not), but its hard to know what is possible with only code. And of course, once I start mucking around with the code I can't use the gui anymore. So I guess my question is, what training should I be looking for? For example what's the difference of GRAPHSTYLE vs GRAPHSCRIPT vs ON GRAPH STYLE? Or perhaps one of you could direct me to some good documentation for such things?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shingles,

WebFOCUS 8201, SP 0.1, Windows 7, HTML
February 11, 2019, 09:12 AM
BabakNYC

ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
SET PAGE-NUM=NOLEAD
-DEFAULTH &WF_HTMLENCODE=OFF;
SET HTMLENCODE=&WF_HTMLENCODE

SET ARGRAPHENGINE=JSCHART
-DEFAULTH &WF_EMPTYREPORT=ON;
SET EMPTYREPORT=&WF_EMPTYREPORT

SET EMBEDHEADING=ON
SET GRAPHDEFAULT=OFF
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_UNITS='PIXELS';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT='405.0';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_WIDTH='770.0';

-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';
GRAPH FILE retail_samples/wf_retail
-* Created by Info Assist for Graph
SUM WF_RETAIL.WF_RETAIL_SALES.REVENUE_US
WF_RETAIL.WF_RETAIL_SALES.GROSS_PROFIT_US
WF_RETAIL.WF_RETAIL_SALES.QUANTITY_SOLD
BY WF_RETAIL.WF_RETAIL_TIME_SALES.TIME_DATE_DAY_COMPONENT
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET GRWIDTH 1
ON GRAPH SET UNITS &WF_STYLE_UNITS
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS &WF_STYLE_WIDTH
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH BAR
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_SCRIPT

setPieDepth(0);
setPieTilt(0);
setDepthRadius(0); 
setCurveFitEquationDisplay(false); 
setPlace(true); 

*END
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Warm.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT=&WF_TITLE.QUOTEDSTRING, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N1, BUCKET=x-axis, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, BUCKET=y-axis(1), $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N3, BUCKET=y-axis(1), $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N4, BUCKET=y-axis(2), $
*GRAPH_SCRIPT

setReportParsingErrors(false);
setSelectionEnableMove(false);
setSeriesType(2,3);
*GRAPH_JS_FINAL
"pieProperties": {
"holeSize": "0%"
},
"agnosticSettings": {
"dual": true,
"chartTypeFullName": "Bar_Clustered_Dual_Axis"
}

*END
ENDSTYLE
END

-RUN

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
February 11, 2019, 12:33 PM
Shingles
Great... thank you...

Thanks for the fish but teach me how to fish... please?

Kidding... I'm sure you used some kind of resource for this. What is it? I need some good documentation where I can see what is possible.

February 11, 2019, 12:44 PM
BabakNYC
It was all done in InfoAssist. https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...pdfs4/wfinfoasst.pdf

Select Format Tab, Other, Vertical Dual Axis Clustered Bar chart type.

Put Revenue and Profit on the Vertical Axis 1, Quantity on the Vertical Axis 2.

Put Date on X Axis.

Click Series Tab Select Quantity Sold and change it's Chart Type to Area.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
February 11, 2019, 01:30 PM
Shingles
Ah... I see it now... I didn't pay close enough attention to the list of bar chart types. I just picked the first vertical cluster bar chart. I kept trying to look for an option or setting to change in IA to add the second axis.

I come from the Cognos world and that's how things worked there. More specifically, we choose the general chart type and then customize it to meet our needs. But this is easier. Thank you very much.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shingles,