Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] ALL for HTML Composer calendar

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] ALL for HTML Composer calendar
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
does anyone know how to supply an all or ignore value to an HTML calendar..

i am using a referenced report which contains

-DEFAULT &B_DATE = '';
-DEFAULT &E_DATE = '';
-*-SET &B_DATE = '20050101';
-*-SET &E_DATE = '20200101';

to set my beginning and ending date parameters and

WHERE ( AS_ADMISSIONS_APPLICANT.AS_ADMISSIONS_APPLICANT.APPLICATION_STATUS_DATE GE '&B_DATE' ) AND ( AS_ADMISSIONS_APPLICANT.AS_ADMISSIONS_APPLICANT.APPLICATION_STATUS_DATE LE '&E_DATE' );

for my filters

any ideas on how I can get a HTML report with multiple prompts to display for the other values picked when I don't select dates.

there are no bad ideas

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
provide a radio group ("all dates" / "specific date-range");
place pair of calendar controls in a panel;
toggle visibility of the panel according to the radio-button selected.

In fex, suppress the date-range selection condition if "all values" comes through as value for the radio group.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
here's another one
i hate calendars so i use compound dropdowns for yyyy, mm, dd for the startdate
and again for the enddate
and i read my values from the whatever is my datatable, so all values are good ones.
in my Startdate, i do a sort by year by month day ,which displays the beginning date
in my Enddate, i to a sort by HIGHEST ....
which displays the endding date
so if the user ignores the date dropdowns completely, then my filter picks up ALL dates...
from startdate to enddate.

i hate calendars b/c the .js doesn't launch outside of a the frame its in, so i'm stuck using an iframe, which i also hate, or a gigantic launchpage in a frameset, or a left-right launchpage and target frameset (which can be kinda cool)

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
susannah don't care much for calendars my self after the experience I am having. On top of the issues earlier described which i was able to get by setting default values in composer, when i applied an RIA theme to the composer launch the calendar acted completely different.

Ill probably wind up putting ticket in with tech support as its not satisfacory for the customer as is.

j.gross i appreciate your concept just not sure if i can figure out how yo code it, Was hoping to avoid adding another control to the 40 plus ones I already have

thanks all will keep plugging

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML