Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Page 1 2 3 4 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
7.6.2 Snags
 Login/Join

Master
posted Hide Post
Mixed case file and fieldname qualifiers no longer work.

eg

WHERE Expended_Project_Inventory_Parts.Expended_Project_Inventory_Parts.PART_NO NE ' '

needs to be replaced with

WHERE EXPENDED_PROJECT_INVENTORY_PARTS.EXPENDED_PROJECT_INVENTORY_PARTS.PART_NO NE ' '

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
SET CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES More than one character between connection name and details will cause connection to timeout.

Ok
ENGINE SQLMSS SET CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES RCASTER electra-ext/xxxx,xxxx;rcaster76-ext

Fails to establish connection
ENGINE SQLMSS SET CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES RCASTER  electra-ext/xxxx,xxxx;rcaster76-ext

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hammo1j:
Amper autoprompt inserts blank for null string
Your IBI Case#32412520 internal: 000141658

This illustrates the prob nb you must have IBIF_wfdescribe to XMLRUN or XMLPROMPT at the client console to enable autoprompting

I see the country field does have a blank. But when the user tabs into the field it is selected in 762 and when the user types they will type over it. So it will cause a problem if the user is in the habbit of tabbing and then hitting END.

Are their other common key sequence that would cause the problem? (I really want to know..keyboarding styles are important to understand...)

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammo1j:
Mixed case file and fieldname qualifiers no longer work.

eg

WHERE Expended_Project_Inventory_Parts.Expended_Project_Inventory_Parts.PART_NO NE ' '

needs to be replaced with

WHERE EXPENDED_PROJECT_INVENTORY_PARTS.EXPENDED_PROJECT_INVENTORY_PARTS.PART_NO NE ' '

To the best of my knowledge, the qualifiers need to match the case that is in the masterfile. I tested
TABLE FILE CAR PRINT COUNTRY
WHERE origin.COUNTRY EQ 'FRANCE'
And that did not work in 53,71,or 76.
Testing with a mixed case segment name, the qualifier always has to be mixed case.

Did you masterfile change between the two releases?

Brian Suter

Master
posted Hide Post
Brian

With regards to XMLPROMPT and the space appearing I think the real problem instead of keystrokes used is that the single blank is so skinny that the users dont notice it.

John

Master
posted Hide Post
Brian

With regard to the lowercase names I think you have made a good point

The actual original code problem was
-* File capitals.fex
TABLE FILE Expended_Project_Inventory_Parts
PRINT *
WHERE Expended_Project_Inventory_Parts.PART_NO NE ' '
END

Here's the master and acx (tho should not be relevant)

SEGNAME=EXPENDED_PROJECT_INVENTORY_PARTS, 
   TABLENAME=WF_Reporting.dbo.Expended_Project_Inventory_Parts, 
   CONNECTION=MREREPOS, KEYS=2, $

FILENAME=EXPENDED_PROJECT_INVENTORY_PARTS, SUFFIX=SQLMSS  , $
  SEGMENT=EXPENDED_PROJECT_INVENTORY_PARTS, SEGTYPE=S0, $
    FIELDNAME=PART_NO, ALIAS=PART_NO, USAGE=A25, ACTUAL=A25, $
    FIELDNAME=LOCATION_NO, ALIAS=LOCATION_NO, USAGE=A35, ACTUAL=A35, $
    FIELDNAME=QTY_ON_HAND, ALIAS=QTY_ON_HAND, USAGE=P20.2, ACTUAL=P10, $
    FIELDNAME=AVE_WEIGHTED_COST, ALIAS=AVE_WEIGHTED_COST, USAGE=P20.4, ACTUAL=P10, $
    FIELDNAME=TOTAL_COST, ALIAS=TOTAL_COST, USAGE=P20.4, ACTUAL=P10, $

Here's the error under 7.6.2

0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE      5  IN PROCEDURE capitalsFOCEXEC *
 (FOC258) FIELDNAME OR COMPUTATIONAL ELEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED:
 Expended_Project_Inventory_Parts.PART_NO
 BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND
 (FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT

Whereas I have just tested 7.1.3 is fine.

I am happy to live with this. Question is should I raise this as a HOTTRACK for general good of WebFOCUS or is it a deliberate change?

John

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
On case matching qualifiers ... I think it is a bug that it used to work. In doing some testing I found that it never worked for 8 character masterfile/segment names. Moreover, when I used a mas/segment name of ABCDEFGHIJ, a lowercase abcdefghij qualifier works for me in 762.
So yes, you should change your code, and I am going to report the anomilly to the parser team.
How ever it goes, the behavior should be consistent between short and long segment names.

Brian Suter

Master
posted Hide Post
Webfocus master file tool is missing altogether from the 7.6.2 version of Developer studio.

Is the intention to retire this?

Master
posted Hide Post
If there is an error in the master file definition and you try and use ds synonym editor on the master then the tool just dies it does not produce an error message like the synonym editor in the server console.

Master
posted Hide Post
DS Has various copy problemettes

1. Case of filenames is not preserved across copies.
2. Blank lines are stripped from mre version of the file.
3. CR LF gets converted to CR combination. (At least one of the two gets stripped).

Expert
posted Hide Post
PDF compound reports that ran perfectly OK in 7.1.3 cause an agent crash in 7.6.2.

The fex had OBJECT=image, OBJECT=text components in the layout.

At first it appeared that the order of the code might be causing a problem (yeah, I found that hard to believe as well) but we found a SET command that, when placed before the COMPOUND LAYOUT command, cures the crash.

Just add SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON to effect the solution.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Interestingly (Francis Wink), there is some documentation (7.6.1) for the HTMLARCHIVE setting which shows an example fex that has PCHOLD FORMAT DHTML. This is what the help file has to say -

quote:
Format DHTML provides HTML output that has most of the features normally associated with output formatted for printing such as PDF or PostScript output. You can create an HTML file (.htm) or a Web Archive file (.mht). The type of output file produced is controlled by the value of the HTMLARCHIVE parameter.

Some of the features supported by format DHTML are:

Absolute positioning. DHTML precisely places text and images inside an HTML report, allowing you to use the same StyleSheet syntax to lay out HTML as you use for PDF or PS output.
On demand paging. On demand paging is available with SET HTMLARCHIVE=OFF.
PDF StyleSheet features. For example, the following features are supported: grids, background colors, OVER, bursting, coordinated compound reports.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tony, thank you. HTMLARCHIVE and DHTML sounds really interesting. I'm sure we'll find a plethora of oddities once we start working with this format.

A propos the "Blank lines are stripped from mre version of the file" problem - I find this incredibly destructive. We've given space for the code to breathe and then it's taken away - it's suffocating.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Missing values are being ignored in TABT files.

If you have

a
b

d

in a TABT file it will print * as

a
b
d

with the missing line completely missed out unlike 7.6.2

Master
posted Hide Post
Problem with ACCEPTS in the MASTER in reporting

Master
posted Hide Post
Report Assistant allows you to enter a prompt for a selection criteria that contains blanks.

When you come to save the report it complains and when you run the report only the first word of the first prompt appears and the other prompts are ignored.

Master
posted Hide Post
MRE does not allow domain update or deletion

I have found what the problem is with this

7.6.2 introduces a new 'NAME' property associated with the anchor tag in mrrepos.htm which is still updated even for sites with database based repositories where the information is duplicated in mrrepos table.

<LI><A HREF='aaaaaaaa/aaaaaaaa.htm' NAME='aaaaaaaa' MRFLAG='none'>aaaaaaaa  new</A>

This property is not in 7.1.3 and the repository migration tool does not create this property for migrated directories.

This property is used to search for the domain entry when it is updated. However

bug 1: if the property does not exist it cannot be updated

bug 2: if you create the domain then the anchor value and the name property are the same. However if you rename the domain you only change the anchor value. See example above. This makes the domain not updatable further.

Master
posted Hide Post
The MRE migration process also has a further bug in that when you run the wf client install you assume that the correct directory permissions are set when you respond 'yes' in the installation process.

However when you perform MRE migration a new BASEDIR is created without the permissions originally set.

The documentation needs to be changed to ask the user to run the .bat file WindowsWFPermissions.bat

When I was investigating the above problem I thought I had stumbled on the answer when I found this. How frustrated was I when things still refused to work!

Expert
posted Hide Post
PUBLISH works entirely differently.
(did you already cite this one, John?)
so if you've been accustomed to using it to get started with your launch pages, and then continuing to edit your launch pages in your app of choice (front page, dreamweaver, by hand, whatever), you're totally scr***d.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
7.6.2 Dev Studio very slow on directory listings compared 7.1.6

<Jim Thorstad - WF Product Mgt.>
posted
There is a problem deleting, renaming, and probably updating properties for an MR Domain migrated from 71x or earlier to 76x when the 76x configuration is using MR Realm Driver external authorization to an RDBMS.

The problem is caused by a change to the MR API in 76x where the domain entry in mrrepos.htm now gets the NAME=value keyword, whereas before it did not. The new keyword doesn't serve any purpose other than to make domain entries consistent with entries for users, groups, and roles.

Unfortunately the change results in errors when trying to update a domain in the RDBMS configuration.

This was reported by hammo1j in this forum on Sept 21 and it is the same problem reported in case 32602529. We are researching a fix for 764 and a hotfix for 762.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:

I just installed HotFix 3 for 762 and this situation is greatly improved. We have over 500 directories so it really makes a difference to us how quickly the Applications list opens.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ginny,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I shall have to get the patch installed here. It should improve things immensely Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Ginny

How do you get hold of Service Pack 3 for Dev Studio Please? I checked this url but it is not listed there

http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/ptf/wbf/dev_fix_toc.html

Best regards

John

Expert
posted Hide Post
John,

I had a case open (actually I had several) on issues with dropdown boxes. The CSS consultant made it available to me to download to resolve those issues. However, one of the listed fixes was the slow opening of the applications list.

Try opening a case and requesting it.

Or, I have heard that 764 is due out at or near the end of the month. The fix might be in it as well. It just depends on whether you want to wait or not.

Good luck.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ginny

I'll wait for 764 and go for that on all wf components, hopefully as a delta/patch? release or whatever the term is.

Regards

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammo1j,

Expert
posted Hide Post
FYI, I just got hotfix 4 to solve a Report Caster issue.

I can't keep up. Wink

Ginny

Guru
posted Hide Post
7.6.2 Developer Studio

When using Dev Studio, if I COPY a focexec or RENAME a focexec, the folder just whites out and it appear all the focexecs are gone. I can click on a different folder, go back to the original and all the programs are still there.

I'm told "they took away the auto refresh in version 7.x"

Is this true? Pretty frustrating and my users are not going to like it at all.

Thanks in advance!

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2k3

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Testing 7.6.2 MRE

It looks like a double-click of an available field now adds it as a SORT BY field ALWAYS.

Used to be that a double-click of an available field would add that field to the last accessed area (column, across, or sort).

More code tightening? Yuck. Now I have to go find and click the + whenever I want to add a field as a column or an across field.

Deb

WebFOCUS 7.6.11 on Win2003 Server
WebFOCUS 7.7.03 on Win2003 Server
Published, AdHoc, ReportCaster
Output in all variants of Excel

Posts: 29 | Location: Ravenna, OH | Registered: December 10, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The change in 762 in HTMLRA/GA was to have double click place the field in the box that seemed right. The rule is that Alphas go to the BY area, numerics go to the measure area. But in that change we also started following that rule for the Enter key which was a mistake because it violates Section 508. So in 764

• drag and drop places it where you drop.
  • double click places at a logical choice.
  • Enter key place the field in the current target box.

Brian Suter