Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
PDF and CSS
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I was wondering if webfocus7 supports pdfs with CSS. If not, can someone link me to a website that has a whole list of build in styles with pdf support

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jud,

CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) are applicable to HTML and not PDF.

For styling PDF Docs I would recommend Mickey Grackin's excellent articles on the Focus on Developers link from the IB Developer Center (see link in top left of this page)

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
thanks, but i need to change the positions of some of the columns here is some of my code
/----
CSS
.minor
{
position:relative;
left:-100px;
}
//----
style part of web focus
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MINORDESC, CLASS=MINOR,WHEN=RECORDTYP EQ 'B',
$

as u can see, it shifts the td over -100 pixels

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jud,

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jud,

If your output is PDF then CSS will not help you!

If your output is not PDF then tell us what it is (you refered to PDF above) otherwise check out Mickey's documents and you will find the info you need.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
As Tony said, PDF and CSS just cannot work together.

However, the Focus stylesheet can be used to great effect to style a PDF document, and Mickeys articles help. There is though one (at least) item in the Focus stylesheet that can be used by PDF but not HTML (to my knowledge), that may give you what you need.

In your style declaration:
UNITS=PTS

TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=Nn, POSITION=nn,$

This allows you to position all columns absolutely, PTS is the smallest unit size, giving greater ease of control.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I ordered the Keysheet book
DN #

and it really is a great quick reference to the stylesheet stuff - as well as all the other syntax related stuff. Well worth it at $25, IMHO.

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2003,SQL Server 2005,Oracle

Posts: 125 | Location: New England | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post
<DocServices>
posted
Greetings,

Here's a link to some more information on both the WebFOCUS Keysheet Quick Reference Guide and the (Almost) 1001 Ways to Work With Dates for WebFOCUS guide, now available from Information Builders: http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/keysheet.asp

You can also read this Focal Point post that references both guides: view post

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jenn

Report This Post