Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Solved - App Studio Parse Master File

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Solved - App Studio Parse Master File
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
We have just started using App Studio. Whenever we try to open an HTML page we get the error unable to correctly parse master file. It just keeps continuing to pop that message over and over again until you use task manager to kill app studio. Anyone else run into this problem?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rev1,

WebFOCUS 8104, Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
I have had the issue, but I can't remember what I did to fix it.

It was something relatively simple though.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I've dealt with that a number of times. I can't remember what caused it, but I would check the following:

- Does this HTML file try to reference existing procedures (reports/graphs) that depend on a master file that it cannot see due to incorrectly assigned app paths or changed locations of the report/graph .fex?
- Do you have any requests within the Requests & Data Sources panel that have moved location or have dependencies that have changed?

Usually when I get the error, it doesn't take long to troubleshoot the issue. If I remember correctly, it usually is due to something mentioned above. Also, has this HTML file been migrated from a different WF Repo? That might mess with internal referencing of the page (it's sad that now we can't check it due to the HTML access being taken away).

Good luck!

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
In dev studio I got the error all the time but you could just move past it and go back to work. The files being referenced are foccache files. So yes at time I open the coding they may not exists but this infinite looping of the error is insane.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Since they are foccache files, try this : save a copy of the .mas in baseapp or any other folder being part of your app path. This way AppStudio (and DevStudio) should be able to parse the files.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
If I save them wouldn't I have to change the reference to them back and forth?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Just save the .mas not the data (whatever the format is).

What DS should do it's search in the apppath until he find the appropriate .mas so it should open okay (no parsing error).

On report execution the .mas and data will exist in the foccache where it will look at first (if I don't mistake) so it should work without any error and no need to change the file reference.

This will work while the .mas structure remain the same. At the moment the structure change, you must save a new .mas for DS to open without parsing error.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
That seems to work. You can see baseapp getting cluttered up pretty quickly but it's a solution that works. Thanks for your help.