Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE OPENED] Drilling Down to Detail Report in WF 8201

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE OPENED] Drilling Down to Detail Report in WF 8201
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I am trying to drill down to a simple detail report that I created in 8201 with the code in the editor. I am trying to drill from a count total column in the summary report. When I click the link for that total to drill down I get "webpage cannot be found".

My drilldown code in the styling is below:

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MTR_CNT, FOCEXEC=vee_group_summary_drill_report.fex(MDM_VEE_GROUP.NAME=VGNAME\ MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.CODE=RSCODE\ MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.DESCRIPTION=RSDESC\ MDM_METER_TYPE.DESCRIPTION=MTDESC\ MDM_ELEC_USE_CODE.DESCRIPTION=EUCDESC\ MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.FORM=EMFORM\ MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.METER_STATUS=EMMSTAT\ MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.NET_METER=EMNETMET),$

If anyone has any suggestions on what is wrong or out of place with what I've done here in 8201, please let me know.

Thanks,

AMC

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You need to put the full path of the drilled fex.

Something such as:
FOCEXEC=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/AppABC/ReportName.fex(...

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Oh I do. The drilled fex is in the same application folder as the summary fex. Is this new with 8201?

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks MartinY. So you're saying like this below. This is not working either. I am working in AppStudio.

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MTR_CNT, FOCEXEC=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/mosaic/mdm/vee_group_summary_drill_report.fex(MDM_VEE_GROUP.NAME=VGNAME\ MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.CODE=RSCODE\ MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.DESCRIPTION=RSDESC\ MDM_METER_TYPE.DESCRIPTION=MTDESC\ MDM_ELEC_USE_CODE.DESCRIPTION=EUCDESC\ MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.FORM=EMFORM\ MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.METER_STATUS=EMMSTAT\ MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.NET_METER=EMNETMET),$

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does vee_group_summary_drill_report.fex is Published ?

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It lives under Edaserve in AppStudio. I can't publish it. It is not in InfoAssist.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
If both fexes are in a reporting server application folder, then reference the app folder in the drilldown code:

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MTR_CNT, FOCEXEC=app-folder-name/vee_group_summary_drill_report.fex( \
    MDM_VEE_GROUP.NAME=VGNAME \
    MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.CODE=RSCODE \
    MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.DESCRIPTION=RSDESC \
    MDM_METER_TYPE.DESCRIPTION=MTDESC \
    MDM_ELEC_USE_CODE.DESCRIPTION=EUCDESC \
    MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.FORM=EMFORM \
    MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.METER_STATUS=EMMSTAT \
    MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.NET_METER=EMNETMET)
, $

You *may* also be able to code it using IBFS:

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MTR_CNT, FOCEXEC=IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/app-folder-name/vee_group_summary_drill_report.fex( \
, $

For this forum, please post code between code tags:

[code]
your code here
[/code]

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Neither way is working. I do have a subfolder under the main app folder name. Both examples are below.

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MTR_CNT, FOCEXEC=mosaic/mdm/vee_group_summary_drill_report.fex(\MDM_VEE_GROUP.NAME=VGNAME\ MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.CODE=RSCODE\ MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.DESCRIPTION=RSDESC\ MDM_METER_TYPE.DESCRIPTION=MTDESC\ MDM_ELEC_USE_CODE.DESCRIPTION=EUCDESC\ MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.FORM=EMFORM\ MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.METER_STATUS=EMMSTAT\ MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.NET_METER=EMNETMET),$

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MTR_CNT, FOCEXEC=IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVER/mosaic/mdm/vee_group_summary_drill_report.fex(\MDM_VEE_GROUP.NAME=VGNAME\ MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.CODE=RSCODE\ MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.DESCRIPTION=RSDESC\ MDM_METER_TYPE.DESCRIPTION=MTDESC\ MDM_ELEC_USE_CODE.DESCRIPTION=EUCDESC\ MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.FORM=EMFORM\ MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.METER_STATUS=EMMSTAT\ MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.NET_METER=EMNETMET),$

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
AMC, are those back-slashes on the same line as the code that follows? The back-slash should be the last character on a line - a back-slash is used to indicate that the line of code continues on the next line.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
My bad...yes they were. So I have this now:

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MTR_CNT, FOCEXEC=IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVER/mosaic/mdm/vee_group_summary_drill_report.fex(MDM_VEE_GROUP.NAME=VGNAME, MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.CODE=RSCODE, MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.DESCRIPTION=RSDESC, MDM_METER_TYPE.DESCRIPTION=MTDESC, MDM_ELEC_USE_CODE.DESCRIPTION=EUCDESC, MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.FORM=EMFORM, MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.METER_STATUS=EMMSTAT, MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.NET_METER=EMNETMET),$

And I get this error now on the 2nd parameter I'm trying to pass:

FOC3209) UNKNOWN KEYWORD IN STYLESHEET FILE AT LINE 108: MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.CODE

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
You're passing parameters to the drilldown fex - the parameter names cannot have prefixes. Either you've got your parameter names wrong, or the parameter and column name pairs are flipped. Should it be VGNAME=MDM_VEE_GROUP.NAME, etc?

Have a good weekend.

BTW, I recommend splitting the drilldown code into multiple lines (there is a max length per line)...

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MTR_CNT, FOCEXEC=IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/app-folder-name/vee_group_summary_drill_report.fex( \
, $

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

I tried all of your suggestions in your last post. I got past the "unknown keyword in stylesheet file", however I am still having issues drilling to the detail report. I have split the drilldown code into multiple lines, flipped the parameter and column name, and have removed the prefix from the column name. However, the prefix is how I reference the column name in my TABLE request though.

I tried flipping the parameter and column name and removing the prefix for one of the variables that I'm passing and have commented the other lines out to see what that got me...but no success on drilling. I get the "webpage cannot be found" message. Here is more of the basic code below from the summary fex with the drilldown logic. What am I missing with 8.2.01 with this?

[Code]
JOIN CLEAR
JOIN INNER RATE_SCHEDULE_UUID IN MDM_ELECTRIC_METER TO UNIQUE UUID IN MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE AS JOINA
JOIN INNER ELECTRIC_METER_TYPE_UUID IN MDM_ELECTRIC_METER TO UNIQUE UUID IN MDM_METER_TYPE AS JOINB
JOIN INNER ELEC_USE_CODE IN MDM_ELECTRIC_METER TO UNIQUE CODE IN MDM_ELEC_USE_CODE AS JOINC
JOIN INNER METER_LOCATION_UUID IN MDM_ELECTRIC_METER TO UNIQUE UUID IN MDM_METER_LOCATION AS JOIND
JOIN INNER MDM_METER_LOCATION.VEE_GROUP_UUID IN MDM_ELECTRIC_METER TO UNIQUE UUID IN MDM_VEE_GROUP AS JOINE
-RUN
DEFINE FILE MDM_ELECTRIC_METER
MTR_CNT/I6 = IF AMI_METER_ID IS NOT MISSING THEN 1 ELSE 0;
END
TABLE FILE MDM_ELECTRIC_METER
HEADING CENTER
"VEE GROUP SUMMARY REPORT"
SUM MTR_CNT AS 'Count'
-* MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.CODE
-* MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.DESCRIPTION
-* MDM_METER_TYPE.DESCRIPTION
-* MDM_ELEC_USE_CODE.DESCRIPTION
-* MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.FORM
-* MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.METER_STATUS
BY MDM_VEE_GROUP.NAME
BY MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.CODE
BY MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.DESCRIPTION
BY MDM_METER_TYPE.DESCRIPTION
BY MDM_ELEC_USE_CODE.DESCRIPTION
BY MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.FORM
BY MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.METER_STATUS
BY MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.NET_METER
ON TABLE SET EMPTYREPORT ON
ON TABLE SET SQUEEZE ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE OFF
ON TABLE SET PANEL 0
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN, PAGESIZE='LETTER', LEFTMARGIN=0.1000, RIGHTMARGIN=0.1000, TOPMARGIN=0.250000, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.250000, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, $
TYPE=HEADING,FONT=ARIAL,SIZE=10, $
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, STYLE=BOLD, COLOR=BLACK, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=MTR_CNT, FOCEXEC=mosaic/mdm/vee_group_summary_drill_report.fex( \
VGNAME=NAME), $
-*\
-* RSCODE=MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.CODE \
-* RSDESC=MDM_RATE_SCHEDULE.DESCRIPTION \
-* MTDESC=MDM_METER_TYPE.DESCRIPTION \
-* EUCDESC=MDM_ELEC_USE_CODE.DESCRIPTION \
-* EMFORM=MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.FORM \
-* EMMSTAT=MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.METER_STATUS \
-* EMNETMET=MDM_ELECTRIC_METER.NET_METER),$
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN
-EXIT
[/Code

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Any more suggestions? I posted the rest of the code to the summary report in my last post. Please let me know.

Thanks,
AMC

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
AMC,

I created a sub-folder called mdm in my app folder called test. I created a fex called car1_mdm.fex containing the code below. The fex has a drilldown back to itself and it all works.

-SET &ECHO='ALL';

-DEFAULT &COUNTRY = 'FOC_NONE';

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
BY COUNTRY
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&COUNTRY'

HEADING
"ALL COUNTRIES"

ON TABLE SET PAGE NOPAGE
ON TABLE SET STYLESHEET *

TYPE=DATA,
    COLUMN=COUNTRY,
    FOCEXEC=test/mdm/car1_mdm.fex ( \
    COUNTRY=COUNTRY \
), $

TYPE=HEADING,
    LINE=1,
    FOCEXEC=test/mdm/car1_mdm.fex ( \
    COUNTRY='FOC_NONE' \
), $

ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it has to do with how the main report is called.

In my environment, the main report is called with this URL:

http://localhost:8080/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=test/mdm/car1_mdm.fex

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Oh, and I'm trying to help but I don't have v8.2.01, though, running fexes from the reporting server hasn't changed in ages...

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Thanks for your replies. A couple of things...I am running from under Data Servers in AppStudio. Also, I tried your simple CAR fex with the drilldown back to itself and I get the same error when clicking on one of the countries...."webpage not found". Therefore, something else may be causing this issue. What could be the issue?

Alos, in the meantime, I've been instructed to create this report on the MRE/portal side with InfoAssist.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
I just ran it from App Studio 8.1.05M Data Servers area, and all is good.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
So in my environment, the main report is called with this URL:

https://appstudio.arcus.coop/mosaic/WFServlet.ibfs

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
That's not a complete URL. This what you get when running from App Studio.

Try executing your main report from the Repository tree in a B.I. Portal. Then try drilling down. You can see the Repository Tree in the "default" portal,or by pressing F8.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, this is what I get and it's not a complete URL.

When I execute my main report from the repository tree in the BI Portal, I get this error below:

Error Pre-parsing focexec (see logs for more information)

When I look the logs I get an error saying "caused by java heap space".

Also, when I execute you car1_mdm.fex from the repository tree of the BI Portal, it generates the report successfully.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
There seems to be something wrong with the fex.

I would create a new fex with a different name and paste your code in it. Then run the new one from the repository tree.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Odd...I still get the "error pre-parsing focexec" when executing the newly created fex in which I've pasted the code.

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
I think you should open a case with Tech Support.

Did you check the logs? I think you might have access to the logs from the WebFOCUS Admin Console.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I did check the logs. That's how I found out that it indicated the error "caused by java heap space".

I may open a case with tech support.

Also, I am trying to recreate this report and drilldown with InfoAssist on the repository side. So when I create the drill on my count measure and try set up the variables to pass in the GUI, it gives me this error:

IBFSException 32027: server aborted session(IA_170329_113545-1)

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'd get worried.

It's possible there's a problem with the Repository database. I would open that Tech Support Case ASAP.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Are you saying open the case with Tech Support also based on the message I'm getting in InfoAssist as well when trying to create the drill functionality within InfoAssist coupled with the other error message when running the repository?

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Expert
posted Hide Post
Absolutely - these are not normal messages.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I did put in a case. We'll see what they say.

Thanks

WF 8.1.05
Windows
SQL Server 2014
HTML, PDF, EXCEL