Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]add/include the Image/logo & align the rpt heading to centre in PDF report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]add/include the Image/logo & align the rpt heading to centre in PDF report
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

Iam trying to add a logo or image to the PDF report output but am unable to do so.
Also am trying to make the report heading aligned to be center but not able to achieve this as well.

Any help with the sample example on how to do this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: info4pal,

Webfocus 8105 Developer studio,Windows 7,HTML,Excel,PDF,Text,Infoassist,Graph,AHTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
Can you post your code ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi ,

Yes I did look into the link which you had provided Ram but its not working.

Waz and Ram ...
Please find my code below :
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=TABHEADING, IMAGE=IBFS:/wfdev/EDA/EDASERVE/APPPATH/fldr/abc_im.jpeg,
POSITION=(.25 .10), SIZE=(1 1), $
ENDSTYLE
END
-EXIT

THis is the error message am getting :
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=TABHEADING, IBFS:/wfdev/EDA/EDASERVE/APPPATH/fldr/abc_im.jpeg,
ENDSTYLE
END
-EXIT

Please let me know any workaround for the same.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards!

Webfocus 8105 Developer studio,Windows 7,HTML,Excel,PDF,Text,Infoassist,Graph,AHTML

Master
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Try placing it in REPORT instead of TABHEADING. From your code, there is no TABHEAD component.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, IMAGE=IBFS:/wfdev/EDA/EDASERVE/APPPATH/fldr/abc_im.jpeg,
ENDSTYLE
END
-EXIT

Thanks,
Ram

Master
posted Hide Post
In the example provided in the documentation link, you can notice below lines,

TABLE FILE GGORDER
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"PRODUCTS ORDERED ON 08/01/96"

So there is a component for TABHEAD and so image will be placed there. But in your code, I do not see TABHEAD component.

So try placing Image in REPORT component in my previous post.

Thanks,
Ram

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Ram,

I tried it on the report but it is not working.
Please find the error message below :

(FOC757) WARNING. YOU REQUESTED PRINT * OR COUNT * FOR A MULTIPATH FILE
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 8 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC3251) IMAGE FILE UNREADABLE OR INVALID: null

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you put the image in the same app path as the fex - you should be able to run this below.
You will have to play with the position and size.
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR SEATS COUNTRY COUNTRY 
BY COUNTRY
HEADING
" "
"</5"
" "
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=HEADING,
     IMAGE=MYIMAGE.gif,

POSITION=(+2.700000 +0.000000),
     SIZE=(1.100000 1.10000),
$
ENDSTYLE
END  

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi ,

I tried placing my Jpeg image in the same app path and am still getting the below error message:
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 17 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC3251) IMAGE FILE UNREADABLE OR INVALID: my_image.jpeg

Thanks!

<FreSte>
posted
What happens if you rename the image to *.jpg (not *.jpeg)

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I was going to say the same thing.

I think the extension drives how the file is handled, and if jpeg is not recognised, then this would explain it.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I tried giving the extension as .jpg also but still it is throwing the same error message but am able to get the output in HTML.

Anything wrong with the PDF format.
Please let me know!

Thanks!

Expert
posted Hide Post
Are you sure it is a jpg file ?

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Yes Waz it is a Jpg file.

Thanks!

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I meant the extension is Jpeg.

Thanks!

Expert
posted Hide Post
I can find no documentation that says that anything other than a GIF file is supported for PDF output.

Is this something that you have been advised, read in WF documentation or something that you just assumed?

If your output renders to HTML output with your JPEG image then that would indicate that the image file is not damaged.

I would advise converting to a GIF for PDF.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,

Sure,I will try changing the image format to GIF.

Thanks a lot everyone for your response and time!

Thanks a lot again!

Expert
posted Hide Post
I am a bit surprised.
We have been using jpg's for many years and they have always worked.

If they have taken jpg support out of v8, then thats a step backwards.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hey Waz,
They haven't, I use jpg's in WF8 and they display fine...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Then perhaps the jpg is corrupt to a point that WF has problems reading it, but other tools work ??

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
using jpg's for many years and they have always worked.

I was only saying what I could find within documentation - never said that it was exhaustive Wink

It's also why I suggested rendering in HTML to check the image is able to be read.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was only saying what I could find within documentation

Just concerned that the documentation is in genral the source of truth, and although it would probably not happen......

......... Code tightening

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
never said that it was exhaustive

Razzer

T

Expert
posted Hide Post
Oh well, hopefully its just another case of general paranoia.

Wink

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Last edited by: info4pal, 28 January 2015 12:20 PM

As IP changed the post subject to [CLOSED] shortly after suggesting converting to a gif, I am guessing that any potential image corruption (or otherwise Wink) was overcome by the conversion and usage of a gif.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986