Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
libjvm.dll
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
When we try to start up server, we got the following error message,

request by edapmon to notify JSCOM3 Java service (jscomid=1) failed to start

I was told i need to put libjvm.dll in the path. But i can not find this file except jvm.dll. Now we are using jdk1.4.2.

Where to find libjvm.dll?
Or should we need to upgrade our JDK version?

Thanks

-Maria

====================
Production: WebFOCUS 7.1.1 on Window 2003
WebFOCUS 7.1.1 Client on HP-UX on WebLOGIC 8.1 sp4
Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.4 on Window 2003
WebFOCUS 7.1.1 Client on HP-UX on WebLogic 8.1 sp4

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Your profile doesn't contain any information about your operating platform, so I can't give very specific information. I also don't know who gave you the information, or what that libjvm.dll file ( I assume it's the equivalent of libjvm.so on Linux) is, but basically your system needs to be able to find the necessary java files when called upon (via environment variables, classpath, etc.). Instructions to correctly set this up are contained in the installation guides.

You'll need to correctly configure the JSCOM3 service in the server console (Workspace>>Configuration>>Special Services>>JSCOM3>>Properties)

Tech support showed about 160 hits when I searched "JSCOM3 failed to start". Here is a link that should answer your question for whatever platform. You'll need your techsupport login to access it.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your information.

But i can not locate libjvm.dll as requested by the document in your link.

---------------------------------------
Dev: WebFOCUS Reporting Server 7.6.4 on Win 2003
Client 7.1.1 on HP-UX
Studio Window XP

====================

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Maria,

To start the jscom3 service succesfully, you'll need to have a version of java installed. Since you running 764, I'd advise the 1.6 java version that comes with the webfocus client or devstudio installation.
When you have this installed, the path to the jvm.dll (not libjvm.dll) needs to be added to the PATH system variable. On my environment (WinXP with 764 installed) its location is c:\program files\java\jdk1.6.0_03\jre\bin\client.
After I added this to the PATH variable and rebooted my system, the jscom3 services started fine and stayed active.

Hope this helps ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot for your help. It is working

-Maria

====================