Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] App Studio v8.0.08 - no documentation about functions

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] App Studio v8.0.08 - no documentation about functions
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Has anyone noticed that the App Studio v8.0.08 Help provides no information on WebFOCUS function syntax? It was there in Dev Studio, including Dev Studio v8.0.08. In fact there is no documentation about any syntax. I found it really helpful to enter a search string in Dev Studio Help and get results from multiple documents. We now have to go to the Tech Support website or the PDF documentation.

Or am I missing something?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis,

In App Studio, you can configure where the help button will take you, by default this is //localhost[port]//ibi_apphelp/index.jsp.

In App Studio options you can change the Help configuration to take you where you please - only you have to live with the result!

I changed mine to point at the WF8 Documentation link but you could also change it to //localhost[port]//ibi_help/index.jsp

I am pretty sure that you will have found this already Wink, but for others who might not have -

If you cannot find the options button, then click on the quick access menu bar customisation arrow (far right) and choose "more commands". Make sure that the "Applications Menu" is the selected item within the top combo and then add "Options" to your quick access bar.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
... also you will find that there are windows help files in \ibi\AppStudio80\srv80\home\doc\ - look at dmfunc.chm for functions.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tony, thanks for your feedback.

http://localhost:8080/ibi_help/index.jsp
is indeed different than
http://localhost:8080/ibi_apphelp/index.jsp?
but neither provide help on syntax - "fprint" is not found in either Online Help.

Meanwhile, the Functions manual is only one of a few I'm looking for. I'm also looking for the WebFOCUS 8.0 Language Documentation.

In Dev Studio 7.7.05, there is a Windows Help file called pro.chm. It contains most of what a good developer needs to be productive.

In Dev Studio 7.8.08, pro.chm also exists. As well, individual Help files also exist (e.g. wf80crlang.chm).

In App Studio, there isn't much.

I'm looking for some consistency. By the way, the existence of the chm files probably isn't documented in the App Studio documentation, is http://localhost:8080/ibi_help/index.jsp?

I'll probably copy the chm files from Dev Studio 8.0.08 and place them elsewhere on my hard drive, then create a shortcut and put it in my Start menu.

Solved. Cheers.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm also looking for the WebFOCUS 8.0 Language Documentation.

... which is why I changed my help configuration to point at http://infocenter.informationb...s.com/wf80/index.jsp Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Expert
posted Hide Post
The configuration isn't behaving 100%.

I tried setting it up as this. I put the ? at the end, otherwise App Studio adds to the URL. I end up with ?? after navigating around a bit. I feel the Help browser isn't very standard. I'll stick with a real web browser.

Francis