Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     PDF number of lines on each page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
PDF number of lines on each page
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello,

I'm experiencing two difficulties while creating output to PDF:

#1 the cause is a text block, which is a variable number of lines. The trouble is that I would like to see complete 'blocks' on each page, now the lines are cut off halfway and continue on the next page. The difficulty here is that it's impossible to determine how many 'blocks' would fit on each page. Therefore I assume that playing with the margins is only left as a solution? Or is there a way to tell FOCUS not to cut off those blocks?

#2 The next difficulty as that I make use of a report header and a page header. This I coded as follows:

ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"TEXT1"
" "
" "
" "
" "
" "
" "
"<TEXT2"
"<TEXT3"  
HEADING
" "
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     PAGESIZE='A4',
     LEFTMARGIN=0.430556,
     RIGHTMARGIN=0.430556,
     TOPMARGIN=0.680556,
     BOTTOMMARGIN=0.388889,
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
     IMAGE=\\IMAGE1.gif,
     POSITION=(-0.444444 -0.675),
     SIZE=(8.388889 2.000000),
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     IMAGE=\\IMAGE2.gif,
	 SIZE=(8.388889 1.180556),
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     IMAGE=\\IMAGE3.gif,
     POSITION=(0.000000 11.275000),
     SIZE=(8.388889 0.388889),

The report header is just perfect now (so preferably no changes here), but the thing is that the ´variable text block´ on page two and up are placed over the image meant as a page header... How to create extra space for the margins on pages two and up, while not changing the report header?

Thank you for looking into this.

Best,
SWES

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup

Posts: 198 | Location: Amsterdam | Registered: August 24, 2011Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Here is a anippet of code that I used with a large text field t hat had to fit in the right hals of the page

/*

To calculate the number of lines, for a Page Break, when you have a very long field.

HOW_LONG/I5=ARGLEN (2028, ShortRec, HOW_LONG);
HOW_MANY_LINES/I5=HOW_LONG / 60;
LINES_FOR_THIS/I5=HOW_MANY_LINES + 5;
LINES_THRU_THIS/I5=IF BureauSortOrder NE LAST BureauSortOrder THEN (LINES_FOR_THIS + 5 ) ELSE
IF LINES_FOR_THIS + LINES_THRU_THIS GT 62 THEN (LINES_FOR_THIS + 5 ) ELSE
LINES_FOR_THIS + LINES_THRU_THIS;
BSOPAGENO/I2=IF BureauSortOrder NE LAST BureauSortOrder THEN 1 ELSE
IF (LINES_FOR_THIS + LAST LINES_THRU_THIS LT 63 ) THEN BSOPAGENO ELSE
BSOPAGENO + 1;
BSOPAGENUM/A3=EDIT ( BSOPAGENO );
BureauSortOrder1/A5=BureauSortOrder|BSOPAGENUM;
/*

Yow will have to play with the number of lines per page as well as the width of each line.

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Posts: 398 | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
refreshing to see someone using WF 5 Smiler

swes, it doesn't seem that you are using the pdf composer method of preparing a complex pdf report. it seems that you might just be turning compound on and off, and just letting your elements fall where they may.
[Having said that, i'm still in version 76, and the composed method of pdf preparation may have changed.]
In the composer method, you prepare each of your page components separately, and then lay them out exactly where you want them.
if you want to pm me with your email address, i'll send you some code.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It seems like I’m on the right track by opening the report in the composer. The thing is that I can’t figure out how I could add a title page in the report. I’ve tried the option: ‘Menu > Insert > Add Page Master Layout’ but that does not seem to do the trick.. When I do that the image header only overlaps the image header on the regular page. What would you suggest?

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a clue?

Thank you

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='Page layout 1', text='Page layout 1', TOC-LEVEL=1, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.33, TOPMARGIN=0.5,......
COMPONENT='table1', TEXT='table1', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.50 +0.2), .......

Using POSITION=(0.50 +0.2) you can place your first component on any desirable position on the first page.

For the 2nd page and up, you can control the margin using TOPMARGIN=0.5,

Posts: 165 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your reply atturhari.

The thing is that my project only consists of one component: the report itself.

Without luck I tried to change the properties of the second page with PAGELAYOUT=2 but that didn't do the trick..

So the question remains: which code can I use to have different margins on the second page and up??

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone?

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Would anyone have suggestions for me, as I need this urgently?

Thank you.

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs