Focal Point
[CLOSED] Flex Active report in PDF

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/211100382

November 02, 2009, 04:32 PM
OscarGala
[CLOSED] Flex Active report in PDF
Hi,

I have created a report in flex and I am embedding it in a pdf document in my .fex file.
The problem I am having though, is that I can't get the dimensions right in the pdf.
According to the documentation I have to set a fixed with and height in my flex file, which I have. (width="1260" height="1024")

In the application I have an IbiCanvas component with the same width and height.

Also, the following needs to be set in the flex file: applicationComplete="stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.EXACT_FIT;" I also did this step.

In the Webfocus procedure you have to set the dimensions of the pdf file:
TYPE=REPORT, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, FONT=TIMES, SIZE=12, $ TYPE=HEADING, OBJECT=TEXT, ITEM=1, LINE=1, COLOR=WHITE,
IMAGE=enable.swf, IMAGE-TYPE=FILE, IMAGE-FORMAT=SWF, POSITION=(10 10), DIMENSION=(780 580), BORDER=LIGHT, BORDER-COLOR=WHITE, $

My initial thought was to set the pdf dimensions the same as the flex dimensions. But this gave me a pdf page with a huge, but clearly readable flex application without any scrollbars.

Then I set the dimensions to 780 580, making them smaller. This actually works so far that the flex application now is fully visible on the page, but the letters are so small that the graphs and tables aren't really readable anymore.

I don't seem to get the connection between the dimensions of the flex application and the pdf dimensions.

Can anyone clarify their relationship for me?
Thank you.

Oscar Gala

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows
Flex, Active PDF, PDF, HTML, Excel
November 13, 2009, 04:05 PM
Kerry
Hi Oscar,

I passed this one to our internals and was told that this will have to be tested to find the actual answer. So if you would like to pursue further, the best channel for assistance would be to open a case with Information Builders' Customer Support Services. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.