Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     graph displayed with iframe

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
graph displayed with iframe
 Login/Join

posted
hello all

I'm currently creating graph with WF 7.6.4, and I want to display them in a html/jsp page. I'm using Iframe to call the graph , this works fine but when the graph is displayed, there are some lines around the graph, same color as the original background of graph (some kind of grey) with a width of 2px.
This results in a graph smaller than expected (196px width in an iframe of 200px) and grey lines around the graph which are not compatible with the required appearance of the page.

I've already tried to center the graph in the iframe to play on dimension to get the lines out of the frame but it did not work. (impossible to center), the setBorderColor(getFrame() , ... ) , setTransparentBorderColor.. etc failed too, the borders lines of the frame are next to (inside) the grey lines ...

Is there any way to get ride of these lines?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rothlux,

-------------------------------------------------------
Using WF 7.6.4
On Windows XP ,
OUtput gif , jpg , html

Expert
posted Hide Post
In version 5.3.2, this GRAPHSTYLE setting may or may not help you:

setDisplay(getFrame(),false);

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
hello francis

thanks for your answer, I tried this setting but it doesn't work...

Has anyone the same problem, ie graph which is a bit smaller than it should be?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Are you using an Iframe to call the graph? or to display the graph?

I suppose it's the last and then you should take a look on the Iframe.
It might have borders set and some insite spacing.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
hello franck

Yes I'm using an iframe to call (with the attibute src="http://(...)/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF...") and to display the graph (the iframe just display the answer of WF servlet like a new page, my output format is gif).

I checked how to center the content of an iframe and erase border, here is the call of the iframe :
<iframe style="width:100%;height:100%" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" border="0" src="..../IBIF_ex=myfex.fex&width=...&height=...">

The &width and &height set the size of the graph generated by the fex, if i want an iframe of 200px * 100px , I have to set 196px and 96 px ...

I think I erased all the margin in my code, didn't I? (all the topmargin, leftmargin were already set to 0).

I can post the code of my fex if necessary.

-------------------------------------------------------
Using WF 7.6.4
On Windows XP ,
OUtput gif , jpg , html