Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     MRE Saved deferred reports in My reports only?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
MRE Saved deferred reports in My reports only?
 Login/Join

<Gilles>
posted
Hi everyone,

I need access to the saved deferred reports without showinng all the Domain reports to users; setting a Role solves the issue of the reports lists but does not provide the MY REPORTS link.

Any suggestion

Thks in advanced, this is a litlle bit rush for me.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Gilles,

Not sure if my understanding is correct, the following online document may be of interest:

How to run DEFERRED Mode in Self Service Application?

If this is an urgent issue that needs immediate attention to address, as always, you may contact Information Builders’ Customer Support Services for assistance at any time. The phone number is 1-800-736-6130, or you may access the online system InfoResponse at http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com. Here is a list of information to be ready when you call: http://techsupport.ibi.com/before_you_call.jsp.

Hope this helps. Big Grin

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
<Gilles>
posted
To be more precise:
MOst of our users are 'Runonly' so they are allowed to save 'Deffered' reports; this is the main issue because of the confusion caused by always saving under the same Report Description besides the Date&Time; I would hope to have an adjacent field to save a personal description of what is in this specific instance of the report and ist purpose.

Second issue is concerning the 'analytical users' where they can save the deferred in 'My Reports'; they have the same non-personalized issue as the Main one, but also to access those reports, they get access to the Full Domain reports lists which is not desired. I thought that maybe there was a way of getting 'My reports' without this global access to the domain. Also Multiplying Domains does not solve the issue.

So if you have any suggestion, it would be of great help.

Thks for your help.

Gilles

Report This Post
<Gilles>
posted
I made a typo in the previous message; I meant 'Runonly' users CANNOT save their reports, so they endup in a specific Repertory automatically withour user's inetrvention.

Hope it is clearer.

Gilles

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Gilles,

I checked with our internal people and here is what I hear:

For the first issue, this is currently impossible. You may want to consider opening a case with Information Builders' Customer Support Services and submit a New Feature Request (NFR). We currently have some NFRs for the ability to provide a distinct name to a report when it is executed as deferred. This name would appear in the deferred status screen under the Description area in place of the default report name. This will allow them to run the same report several times, but give each run a distinctive name.

For the second issue, we need to know what release of WebFOCUS you are referring to. You may also want to update your signature in profile with your FOCUS/WebFOCUS Environment information, such as platform, FOCUS/WebFOCUS release, Web/Application Server, etc. so it can help all to better assist you.

Hope it helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
<Gilles>
posted
Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Here is my Environment: WFServer 7.1.2, WFClient 7.1.1, Webserver Tomcat, Appl server IIS, Dev Studio 7.1.1, RCaster 7.1.1

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Gilles

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Gilles,

I double checked with our internal resources. The best way to get assistance regarding your second issue would be to open a case with Information Builders' Customer Support Services, as we will need to do further testing on this one. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access the online system InfoResponse at http://techsupport.ibi.com. Here is a list of information to be ready when you call: http://techsupport.ibi.com/before_you_call.jsp.

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator